cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting to repair, tons of collections. Help?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Starting to repair, tons of collections. Help?!

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you for answering! I think most of the medical bills would be from our local hospital.
The only reason we are trying to get credit cards is because she said we would need at least 12 months of history with three different accounts and since we don't have a car payment or anything...I wasn't sure what else to use.
I'm not sure what disputing means but I will look that up on here and see what to do!

PM me about the med bills... I'll give you some tips on those if you'd like.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I can't seem to figure out how to pm people on here... 🤔
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Small update- I went to the hospital where I believe many of the collections originated- they said now that they have all gone to collections, it is too late for any grants/assistance and I have to work with the collections company. The company is Allied, if anyone has heard of them.
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, I noticed there are some duplicate accounts on his report. (Same creditor and amount, different collection company) Is that hurting his score? Is there a way to get the duplicates removed or is this just normal?
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Also, I noticed there are some duplicate accounts on his report. (Same creditor and amount, different collection company) Is that hurting his score? Is there a way to get the duplicates removed or is this just normal?

It happens a lot. Dispute the ones with the earlier dates with the comment "Collector does not have collection authority for this account"

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Are the duplicates hurting my score?
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you! Are the duplicates hurting my score?

Every derog removal is a positive, whether you see much score improvement or not.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.