Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State DHS Negative Entry

tag
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

State DHS Negative Entry

OK, so before I go any further, let me make clear that this entry shows 'child support' (which is the reason for the question). I DO NOT EVER skip out on my children's needs. Sorry, just a pet peave....

So that being said, ill get to the point. The 'debt' is from an amount that is court ordered to me (am i am currently paying down), that is for a state insurance for the kids. basically a soonercare type state program. I was positive the amount was included in the actual child support amount, considering last reeval went up about the same as the insurance cost. Anyway they say I owe it so fine ok ill pay it. Arguing with them has gotten me nowhere.

Question is: This looks absolutely terrible on a credit "past due child support", not to mention is just a personal affront to a father. The description lists it as 'child support'. It is not, it is insurance (child support as current). Ive tried talking to them to change the entry...brick wall. Ive tried disputing, specifically asking to change description to either drop 'child support' or ADD 'insurance account' (or SOMETHING that specifies the nature of the debt)....came back 'verified'.

Any advice how to tackle this one now? I of course plan to GW them til they are sick of me after its paid, but that will be several months.

Okdhs/Csed Jan, 2013

Status as ofDate openedLargest past balanceAccount TypeAccount holderScheduled Payment AmountIndustry
Jan, 2013
Aug, 2008
$0
Open Account
Individual
$65
State
Descriptions
  • Child/family support
  • Collection account
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: State DHS Negative Entry

I'm not 100% positive but, I recall several posts several years ago where after it was paid, it was removed.

What state are you in? 

Message 2 of 11
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Oklahoma. They said they would not remove after pif, but that was a local case worker. I'm sure the actual decision would be made by a higher-up at the main offices. Just a guess though.
Message 3 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Current monthly child support obligation. This is the base child support obligation plus the proportional share of medical insurance and child care costs.

Message 4 of 11
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Ouch. Well I guess it'll end up being a GW in the end then if anything at all. I'll wait until pif for that.
Message 5 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I was actually agreeing with what you stated about you thought the amount of medical was included in your monthly payment.  The OK statute is saying it is.  If that is the case how are you behind?

Message 6 of 11
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Well I'm not exactly sure. When the child spt was raised from 330 to 400, I had assumed that was the medical of 65 being added. But they said no the base was raised itself and the 65 is separate.

I'm current on "child spt". Behind on medical 890.00 ish. You'd think they'd work with me simply because it is reasonable that someone could easily have confused the way they did that.
Message 7 of 11
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

To answer your question, I'm behind because the medical began year and a half ago ish and I never paid the 65/mo separately, since I thought it was included
Message 8 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Since it isn't actual child support and they never formally told you about the medical, you may have something to go on.  I did look up OK statutes and it does say the base amount is actually different than the actual monthly amount.  They should have been more clear and let you know.  BEFORE they sent it to collections.

Message 9 of 11
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

I agree. It is reported by okdhs themselves and not a CA, so atleast that should be easier to work with. Well I'm paying it off anyway over next few months...will be easier to argue my case from a PIF standpoint.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.