Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Farm repo HELP!!

tag
myesha87
Contributor

State Farm repo HELP!!

I've been working diligently on my credit and I have learned so much from this forum. Here it goes I have a charged off account with State Farm bank from 2009 in the amount of $8097.  I attempted to do a PFD but they said they will not entertain this so I attempted to settle.  I offered 50% they said they will call me back sometime today and let me know.  I'm trying to buy a house when my rental lease is up in August of 2014.  Please advise me if I am doing the right thing.  I was told that there is a 95% chance that they would accept but the rep had to speak with his supervisor because he couldn't go lower than 60% without approval. However, it is my understanding that the account will automatically be reaged from the date that I make the payment and remain on my credit report for an addition 7 years?  Is this true.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Re: State Farm repo HELP!!

no the DOFD will not change but if it hasnt reported in a while it will update and it can take affect on your CS but if it has been updating the whole time as a Repo then you have nothing to worry about... If it were a CC you could expect a boost because then its not being factored into your utilization but im not sure how installments work
CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 2 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Moving to rebuilding forum
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

As shaun2009 has stated, no, this will not reset the DoFD for your  CRTP from 2009.  So it will still age off sometime in 2016 or so.  But, once it's paid/settled, you should start sending GWs.  Some will not remove with PFDs, but may removed with a GW.  It wouldn't hurt to try.   Good luck.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 5
myesha87
Contributor

I got a call back from them today and they agreed to settle for $4030.  I'm going to just bite the bullet and pay.  I plan to send GW letters however the agent said they dont entertain this.  Has anyone heard of this working for anyone?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.