Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Investigation Department Collection Agency

tag
Maingal
Valued Member

State Investigation Department Collection Agency

Received and emails and calls  from State Investigation Department - I did research on the internet and this is a pay day loan collection company. Does anyone have information on this company.  Its not on my credit  report but I am not wanting  get the posting it as its a very old collection. Should I responde to the email requesting the following: 

Under § 809 of FDCPA, I am requesting validation of the debt, which includes a copy of the debt or judgment for which you are collecting.

If your company validates this account, I am willing to pay this account IN FULL (or settlement percentage) if you agree to immediate deletion of this account from any and all credit reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion). The purpose of this settlement is merely to have this item removed from my credit files. It is not to be construed as an acknowledgment of liability for this debt in any form.

Respectfully,

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: State Investigation Department Collection Agency

Nope.  Don't give them any information or your plan of action.  Just send a standard DV.  Judging by just the name, I'd say this is bottom feeder material before I even get to researching them.  Sounds like they're trying too hard to make themselves sound legit.  It's more than likely a zombie debt that is uncollectable.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 4
annielorie
Valued Contributor

WHen i suspect its Zombie and anything that comes foward now will be I politely call # from notice ask what is the account for? for how much? at what address did thi bill originate gee I dont remember that when was the account and usually they tell me like 1996 and I guess everyone knows what I tell them after that I mark the letter accordingding to the info received with a big NC and file it for the next bottom feeder .  Shogun is right I wouldnt worry to much

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 3 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Did a little digging on this CA.  Seems like they would have to improve their status to even be a bottom feeder.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.