Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Tax Lien - Added 5/5 officially removed from EX on 5/8

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

State Tax Lien - Added 5/5 officially removed from EX on 5/8

OK - This is pretty bizarre if you ask me - Here is the story:

4 Weeks ago I sent in a letter to EX to correct my address and update 2 PRA counts as closed with payment dates of 5/2015. PRA has listed them as failed to pay in March and April of 2016. I called EX yesterday to check on the status. They inturn said I would be sent to the "third party" dispute center. After about 30 minutes on hold a lady comes on. After a few minutes she was able to locate my letter I sent in and agreed with my 3 requests. She stated it would take 3-4 days for these changes to take place. I was like "cool". I ended this conversation with "I have a question for you, do you have a few minutes" She said, Of course.

I informed her that as you can tell I recently had a State Tax Lien put on my account on 5/5/2016. I told her that I paid it in full (which I did do) the morning of the 5/6/2016. I informed her that the state told me that I would receive a release in about 4 weeks. I also informed here that the State told me it was my responsibility to forward the release to each of the CRBs, and that the State does not communicate with CRB once payment has been made to the state. I also asked the EX rep that since the State of Alabama allows for withdrawal of liens that are released, that I had planed on applying for a withdrawal with my release. MY question to the EX rep was, what do I do with the copy (not original, can't get the original, can only download from a website) of the release and any type of withdrawal paperwork. The response from the EX rep was "You are not required to submit any paperwork regarding state tax liens". She went on to say "I can simply delete this for you". I went on to explain to her twice that I don't have the release in hand, and that it would be at least a month before I did. She went on to say "Sir, there is nothing you need to do here". Is there anything else I can help you with? I said no.

Today, my State Tax Lien has been deleted on Experian . I am kind of dumbfounded. I mean, I know I paid in full. They have already taken their money. However, it would take about another month for the records to be updated to reflect released. If the tax lien comes back, I feel I won't be able to dispute it based on secondary disputes. AND, I wasn't disputing it. The EX rep was insistent on deleting it. 

Thoughts?

PS - I plan on starting a thread on how to handle State Tax Liens - Alabama. As some of you read my meltdown last week. After much reading, I think as long as you pay, you can have these removed. I plan on documenting my story for others that might be able to follow in my footsteps. 

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.