Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Tax Lien PIF

tag
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

State Tax Lien PIF

Will this auto reflect on the bureaus or do I need to send the letter?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: State Tax Lien PIF

If you have a release letter, you should probably send to credit bureau. I would go even further now that it is paid and see if the state comptroller's office is willing to vacate/withdraw the lien and then it can be removed from your profile. 

Message 2 of 8
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

I'm working on the vacate.

I figured iF the burueas scout for public records they'd do it often. Now that I think about it, it makes sense to send the letter to get it reporting quickly.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The bureaus are quick to report negatives but don't always seem as quick on positives, IMO.  It's in your interest to ensure they have the new info as quickly as possible so I'd let them know about it.

Love your goal card.

Message 4 of 8
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

Yeah. My goal card is pretty awesome in my book. Hopefully within 2 years it'll be mine....all mine!

Message 5 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

With PRs the CRAs may nor may not search public records themselves, typically a PR gets on your report not by the efforts of the CRA itself but by their purchase of info from companies like Lexis Nexis who send runners to the courthouses, country recorders, etc to obtain the information. If you have the release I would send it in with request for update. Good luck on getting those liens withdrawn Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

Thanks g

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What state is it? Every state is different on how they handle liens
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.