cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Tax Lien (unpaid) removed from All CRA!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: State Tax Lien (unpaid) removed from All CRA!

I'm curious, what year were the taxes for? I know a couple guys who never paid their state taxes, both personal and business, and they still haven't hit their credit report. And it's been like 8 years.

Message 21 of 26
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm curious, what year were the taxes for? I know a couple guys who never paid their state taxes, both personal and business, and they still haven't hit their credit report. And it's been like 8 years.

They got lucky if the liens were filed and it didn't hit their reports.  Though some states SOL are shorter than 8 years so they may have already expired, maybe.

If the state didn't file liens by this point, think for virtually all of them (though it varies state by state) likely in the clear.

I'm finally testing the waters with my Cali state tax lien which has been long since paid though it gets removed last year... put in a flier dispute with Transunion and think will go freeze LN and try similarly with EQ next.  EX I'd have to call, which I may go do though I think they have the lien coming off in June anyway so getting close to just asking for an early exclusion let alone verification.

        
Message 22 of 26
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, YES!

I tried the online route just cause with Experian, wound up adding a statement of all things (sigh) so called them and just explained I was trying to ask for EE but wound up adding a statement and could the statement please be removed?  The helpful dude simply suggested we ask for it to be deleted, won't hurt anything, I figured wasn't much chance but at the stroke of midnight an email arrived telling me I can review the results:

Public Records 
LOS ANGELES COUNTY RECORDER
Account Number: SQ2010189....
Outcome: Deleted

5 long years on this forum with that damned lien lording over my report, and it's GONE BABY GONE!

Wasn't expecting anything for Christmas this year but I wonder if I woke up my neighbors with my near scream of exultation Smiley Happy.

Filed 12/2010, Experian had it listed coming off 9/2017 (had paid it in 2011)

        
Message 23 of 26
Gonzozap
Frequent Contributor

No, ANY and ALL liens will come up in a title search when applying for a mortgage, both paid and unpaid.  The underwriter will not rely on a credit report. And there are many other specialty reports an underwriter has access to that will supply data the bureaus do not have.  Appicants should be prepared for the underwriter to uncover EVERYTHING and be prepared with explanations for any derogs just in case.

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you close your llc? I have one and it failed but they are making me pay $800 every year for an LLC I never used. That was 6 years ago. Im so worried they will try and hurt me.
Message 25 of 26
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

In pending litigation titled Jenkins v. Equifax, the plaintiff challenged the adequacy of verification of public record information by the CRAs.

The parties have entered into a settlement agreement in an attempt to resolve the issue, wherein the CRAs have agreed to remove tax liens and judgments that lack an SSN or date of birth that clearly identifies the consumer.

That agreement has subsequently been incorported into the CRA public relations plan titled the National Consumer Assistance Plan.

Removal of those judgments and tax liens that lack either a clear SSN or DOB that idenfiies the consumer is currently ongoing, with the CRAs stating that removal should be completed by July.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.