Status
Released
Amount
$6,936
Classification
Lien
Type
Tax Lien

It is released and is out of MN.  I cannot remember when it will fall off (date filed or released) but either way this is the only negative account I have and will be on there until either 2017 or 2018.  Is there any way to get this off?  I have called County recorder, state tax, IRS, etc and every place I turn sends me in a different direction with no help.  Am I just going to have to wait the 7 years?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: State Tax Lien

It remains on file for 7 years from the date it was paid (released). The lien needs to be withdrawn by the entity that created it to begin with, some states allow this, that is what you have to ask be done when you call or write them. (Lien Withdrawal)

Message 2 of 5
MortgageMinded
Frequent Contributor

Just an FYI, if you are able to get the Lien Withdrawn there is a possibility that your score will not change. Been there, done that. Good to have them off all the same. I got Walmart and Amazon when mine fell off!!

Starting Score: Jan 2014 EQ: 595 TU: 575 EX: 550
Current Score: Feb 2015 EQ: 615 TU: 650 EX: 643
Goal Score: Hoping to join the 700 Club this year!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for all of the responses.  Morgageminded:  How did you get yours deleted?  Did you wait the 7 years?

Message 4 of 5
EvilDebt
Established Member

When I had mine withdrawn I contacted the Tax/Revenue Division in my state and requested a Lean Withdrawl, there should be a phone number to call or an address online who to e-mail or snail mail.  It took about 2 weeks to get the letter from the state I live in.  Next, it took about 2 months or so to get them to remove it from all 3 CRA's, you may have to keep on them as they aren't so quick to delete anything from your CR.   YMMV though, so hopefully it's a lot easier for you.   You should do a search on here for "MN Tax Lien Withdrawn" to see what other myfico users have experienced first.   Hopefully it's in your favor!!!!

Good luck.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.