Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Tax lien Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

State Tax lien Question

I decided to call today about an outstanding state tax lien on my credit report.

Background: I "thought" I had a previous tax lien that I paid in full. 

I call the state's department of revenue and they tell me I owe $800. I state that I have a lien on my CBR for $2K. They tell me that the original lien was for one period of time and I paid that off. They didn't close it because another tax debt appeared and they just decided to keep the lien open.

I obviously called to pay the debt but my question relates to getting the lien released vs.  withdrawn since they are reporting it as open with bad information.

Should they not have just opened a new lien for the new debt versus keeping one open? I'm completely befuddled. Can this be withdrawn or can the remove date be changed based on my payment for the original debt which would reduce my remove date by four years?

As always, thanks MyFico members for any assistance you can provide  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: State Tax lien Question

Bueller? Bueller?

JK. Really trying to get this resolved.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.