Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State and Federal Tax Liens...

tag
Pastryprincessnails
Regular Contributor

State and Federal Tax Liens...

How in the world can I get these removed they are ruining my credit uggggh help!!!
NFCU $17k Amex Gold Jared $3k PC Richards $1500 Discover IT $1800 NYCO $3k BOFA $4500 Macys $2400 Credit One $1450 Victorias Secret $2950 Walmart $4k Target $800 Capital One $1850 JCrew $8700 Paypal $600 Best Buy Mastercard $1500 Barclays $1430 Amazon Store Card $480 Amazon Visa $4k The Limited $1050 Old Navy $5k Overstock $1150 Citibank Dc $1700 Raymour and Flanigan $2500 Chase Freedom $1k Chase Slate $3200
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: State and Federal Tax Liens...

I believe state tax liens stay on for 10 yrs or more. I could be wrong. Depending on your state.

Fed Tax Liens can be removed if paid.  you would have to call the IRS. Fresh Start Program

Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Both federal and state tax liens stay for 7 years from date paid.  You would need to find your state statutes on removing paid state liens.

Message 3 of 4
RSCo
Established Contributor

@Pastryprincessnails wrote:
How in the world can I get these removed they are ruining my credit uggggh help!!!

Just received a federal lien withdrawal from IRS after I submitted a request to them 2 weeks ago to have mine deleted from my credit report.  You have to pay them first, then submit a form to have the lien withdrawn aka deleted from your report.. Just google IRS fresh start program and you will see the name of the form you need to send them.. It's very easy and they were very quick to respond to my request. Have no idea the process to follow for your state.. It may vary state to state..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.