cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State of MD tax lien vacated and withdrawn!!!!!!

tag
scorpiyo
Valued Member

State of MD tax lien vacated and withdrawn!!!!!!

Here's my story. I had a tax lien from 2008. The lien was satisfied last month. After doing some research on the forms I sent an good faith email to the state comptroller office on Sunday 8/10 practically begging for hem to remove the lien. Yesterday I received an email stating my request would be sent to the compliance department and today I received a call stating they are doing the paperwork to the courts to have the lien withdrawn!!!!!! If it wasn't for the info I found on these forums I don't think I would have even thought about having it withdrawn. Thanks sooooo much for all the great information.

Now my question is should I see a bump in my credit scores once the lien is removed?
Chapter 7 discharge 9/1/15

Starting scores EQ - 571 / TU - 548 / EX - 579
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Salad77
Established Member

Re: State of MD tax lien vacated and withdrawn!!!!!!

Wow, that is HUGE.... Congrats!

If only California would help their residents and do the same.... 

I'm not an expert, but if it gets completely removed then I would imagine you should see a decent bump in your score. I've heard tax liens weigh pretty heavily. 

I would wait till someone with experience who has gone through this confirms, but either way that is awesome... Congrats!

Message 2 of 15
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

I'm in MD as well. I wonder if it would work for judgements.

Message 3 of 15
lisbonic
Valued Member

I wish every state did it, personally.  Being dinged on a paid tax Lien and/or judgment for 7 years after you pay it seems like a huge penalty to pay.  It can cost you thousands of dollars in interest over a $500 lien.

I have one in NH that I would pay atleast $1,000 to have withdrawn.

Message 4 of 15
scorpiyo
Valued Member

Yes. From what I have been reading on this site MD seems to be very forgiving if you satisfy the lien with getting it withdrawn from CR. I figured it couldn't hurt to try.
Chapter 7 discharge 9/1/15

Starting scores EQ - 571 / TU - 548 / EX - 579
Message 5 of 15
nikkiheaven
Contributor

YEAH!  Easy Peasy!  I toldl you guys!  LOL!  Honestly, I didn't see my score go up any; hope you fare better than me!

Message 6 of 15
Stanic413
Regular Contributor

I'm in MD, but don't have or know anyone who has experienced this.  I am curious to know how long it will take to come off.  I feel like anything you do w/ MD takes FOR-EV-ER. 

18k10k7.6k10k10k5k5.6k1.7k2k
Federal CU PLOC: $5k
Scores, Dec. 2014- TU: 755 EX: 763 EQ: 757
Last App: 12/8/14. In the garden until Jan 2016, getting "mortgage" ready.
Message 7 of 15
nikkiheaven
Contributor

It takes no time.  It took about 4 days total.  Sent the email to the controller.  It was forwarded.  Recieved a call by the 4th day.  Now it took about a week and half to receive the letters from the State of Maryland, and about  1 month before the courts removed it.  Equifax, and Transunion removed it based off the letter from the State of Maryland.  I had to get a letter from the Court before Experian would remove it.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to hear about the speed on MD. I just had an hour long conversation/plea with the compliance office. After begging for compassion, the supervisor disappeared for 10 minutes on the phone, came back, asked for my current address, and told me I would receive notice to vacate in the mail. She said it could take up to 60 days. I am hoping it would move much faster. Hope my experience is more like yours nikkiheaven. Any idea what score bump one can expect to realize?
Message 9 of 15
Silver12
Valued Member

I am in the same situation - would you be willing to share your email message and what you said/what email address you used (either on here or by PM)?

I paid my lien off within 1 week of finding out about it, and didn't think there was any hope of getting it removed - its had a major impact on my credit score and work (point it out everytime I have a BI).

Appreciate any info!

Thank you!!!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.