cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State of Ohio Tax Lien HELP!!!!

tag
BTtrdr330

State of Ohio Tax Lien HELP!!!!

I have four tax liens on my credit report. They are from 1994,1997,1998, and 2000. They were all paid off in 2000, but never filed with the court. I expected them to fall off the credit report in 7-10 years but never did. I disputed them, but still no luck. After joining MyFico , I realized that I had to file with the courts, which I did today. 3 were in medina county and 1 in Cuyahoga county. The releases show todas date. Nowhere on there does it show that they have been paid in 2000. Does the 7 year clock start ticking today???  Has anyone else gone thru this with the state of Ohio and the credit agencies?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: State of Ohio Tax Lien HELP!!!!

@btheis330 wrote:

I have four tax liens on my credit report. They are from 1994,1997,1998, and 2000. They were all paid off in 2000, but never filed with the court. I expected them to fall off the credit report in 7-10 years but never did. I disputed them, but still no luck. After joining MyFico , I realized that I had to file with the courts, which I did today. 3 were in medina county and 1 in Cuyahoga county. The releases show todas date. Nowhere on there does it show that they have been paid in 2000. Does the 7 year clock start ticking today???  Has anyone else gone thru this with the state of Ohio and the credit agencies?

Hi btheis330,

Since you started this new thread I went ahead and deleted the identical post you had written earlier. That will eliminate possible confusion as posters try and answer 2 posts asking the same questions. I hope you understand the reason for this action.

MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Message 2 of 6
BTtrdr330

Sorry about that, was my first post and i really didnt know what i was doing

Message 3 of 6
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

The 7 yr clock starts from the date paid.

I dont know alot about state liens, but  here's a few threads, I believe you may find interesting...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/state-tax-lien/td-p/888300

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/State-of-OH-Tax-Lien-Release-date-7-15-01-yes...

Hope this info helps..Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 6
BTtrdr330

Thank you very much. Here is an update. I received proof from the Atty Generals office that I paid them back in 2000. I sent to all 3 CA's this morning. Im keeping my fingers crossed.

Message 5 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@BTtrdr330 wrote:

Thank you very much. Here is an update. I received proof from the Atty Generals office that I paid them back in 2000. I sent to all 3 CA's this morning. Im keeping my fingers crossed.

Good luck to you. Please let us know what happens.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.