Not applicable

Re: State tax lien REMOVED!!

Oh lol thanks! You scared me 😜
Message 11 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I want to thank all of you for sharing your experience with having a state tax lien removed if it didn't have the mandatory information such as name, address, FULL Social Security Number and/or date of birth. I had filed a dispute directly with both Transunion and Equifax and didn't get anywhere. So on September 30th I filed a complaint with CFPB and today Transunion replied that they have removed it from my credit report and would mail me out a new credit report. They even apologized Smiley Happy. I am still waiting for Equifax's response, but I think they will follow suit very soon. It has already been off my Experian for I don't know how long--maybe it never reported there (I'll have to check my report from a few years ago). I used to have 4 paid judgements that disappeared one day. Now I know why. I am a very happy camper today and have all of you--and CFPB--to thank. ((Hugs))

Chickadee that is so wonderful. This brings a huge smile on my face! Congratulations 

Message 12 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!  Equifax is so difficult to work with.  I hope they do remove it for you.  I have disputed mine 2x with them before July and had no luck.  They updated it to released, but would not delete.  I need to pull the original lien and see if all the info is there.  I doubt it is...  The release does not have all the info.  Once I get around to doing that I will try to dispute once again. 

Message 13 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chickadee

Good luck with Equifax. They are very difficult with removing it. I have a Fed Tax Lien. I got EX to remove it just by calling and stating that I have a copy of the Lien (which I do), and it does not have the new "required info". Bam, they removed within ten days or so. TU gave me a run a round, saying the varified and it stays, EQ gave me the same run around, but they changed it to showing paid and released (not paid). So, I also filed the complaint with CFPB and within 13 days TU removed and I got the same apology. EQ took the full 14 days to tell me the same thing they told you. Need more time and relaunched yet another investigation (they did not have a copy of the lien). Fast forward to 30 days (just a few weeks ago), they say they completed their investigation and the released / paid lien will remain for 7 years.

Next step. October 6th, I sent a letter with a copy of the actual lien "CMRRR". Finally received the signed RR card (it was signed for a week ago this past Thursday). Waiting to see if it comes off now. If not, I will file another complaint with the CFPB and this time include the copy of the lien and see if that works. In the meantime, I think that they get 30 days to respond. Hoping this time I will have luck, but honestly, not very optimistic.

Boy are they difficult! And funny thing is they say they "investigate" and that they confirm it belongs to me, and it's released and paid. Not paid, not released!

Message 14 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uh oh! That doesn't sound promising. What is a CMRRR and an RR card?
Message 15 of 42
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Uh oh! That doesn't sound promising. What is a CMRRR and an RR card?

Certified mail return receipt requested and filled out the return receipt form.

Message 16 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested

Return Receipt Card with the signature that they received it.

Sounds like we are in the same boat. Hopefully this last effort works!

Message 17 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck! I look forward to following your progress!
Message 18 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you and likewise.

After this, I have two more collections that appear on all three reports. Small, $358 and $374 that I plan to pay in the next month or so. Hoping that if they remove the lien and the other two get paid, I will see a decent increase in score. EQ is my lowest at this point, and, it just dropped 13 points this weekend because I was approved two weeks ago for a Discover It card and it's already reported across all three CRAs. EQ is the only one that the score was adversely affected so far.

EQ: 618

TU: 645

EX: 662

Tryting to get to 670 across the board by the end of 2017

Message 19 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

FED TAX LIEN REMOVED!!!

@ABCD, @Chickadee, @Imapirate

Send a written letter CMRRR....

Finally worked!! Sent it on Friday, October 6th. Today...REMOVED!!

HAPPY CAMPER!

Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.