Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State tax lien and innocent spouse relief/divorce

tag
earena
Contributor

State tax lien and innocent spouse relief/divorce

My first post! My credit is not great, but somehow last year I managed to get a mortgage, with a score of 600... Right before it was underwritten, like the day before, a state tax lein showed up on my report. It was from 2012, and it was my exhusbands debt, but since I was getting a mortgage, I paid it in full, it got released and I got my mortgage. I found out recently that this same year, 2012, my exhusband also has an outstanding debt of now $18,000 with interest with the federal government!! I filed and innocent spouse relief form and it got approved. My question is, since this is from the same tax return, can I take this letter from the federal government to my local courthouse, and will it be enough to get a withdrawl letter for the state tax lein? And who at the courthouse can I talk to about this?

BTW, eventhough I have had my mortgage and have paid ontime with everything for almost a year. My FICO 8 score is only a 602 and the other ones...well they are scary. I'm applying for an auto loan in a few months and getting this judgement off my account and paying my credit card debt ($500 total) will really help.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.