cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State tax lien reporting discrepancy...does it matter?

tag
oldcreditwoes
Contributor

State tax lien reporting discrepancy...does it matter?

Hi, all

I was recently reviewing reports from all three CRA, and doing some comparisons across them.  Ran across something that does not look right to me...hoping for some clarification.

I have three tax liens from the state of michigan....from a few lifetimes ago...(nightmares still haunt me...lol)

all three have been PIF and released.

all three CRA report all three liens..and all three agree on amts, file dates, etc..

HOWEVER......here is the kicker

TU reports that one of the liens was released in 9/2008, and the other two report that same lien released in Jan, 2012, which is the real date that it was PIF and released.

So.....a couple of questions.

Why is TU reporting an earlier release date on this particular lien?

Since it is different, can I leverage the other two CRB to delete this lien when it ages off the TU report in 9 months?

Should I dispute this whole thing with the CRB, or should I leave it all alone, and let it age off TU naturally, etc?

Any advice?

I would love to get these baddies off all of my reports...

thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: State tax lien reporting discrepancy...does it matter?

I would go in another direction as you are not going to be able to use one bureau for leverage against another they dont care what others report only what is in their files, it must be accurate however, it is a gift on the 1 bureau for the mistake to have been made and I would leave it alone. What I would do is see if you can have the entities that filed the liens has a way to have them withdrawn as they have been paid, if this is possible then they are gone now. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: State tax lien reporting discrepancy...does it matter?

CRAs don't care what other CRAs report, unfortunately, so you won't be able to use this as leverage.  You may just want to concentrate on getting in with lenders who exclusively pull TU, once the lien is gone.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.