Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State tax lien still shows as unpaid.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

State tax lien still shows as unpaid.

Hello, i'm shopping for a car and I'm shopping and researching around for an auto loan, a few years a go I had a small state tax lien of 1,300 which I paid off 2 years a go, yesterday I saw my credit scores and they are ex. 692 eq. 740 and tu 730. But the equifax and experian is showing that tax lien as unpaid. I have documents and going tomorrow to the court to get a certified copy that the lien is paid off, I don't much other debt other than a credit card and I already paid off a car loan in 2013. How difficult will it be to get an auto loan? Will the certified copy from the court stating it's paid off help? Should I just wait until it shows as paid on my credit report and how long will that take? Thanks for your help.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: State tax lien still shows as unpaid.

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello, i'm shopping for a car and I'm shopping and researching around for an auto loan, a few years a go I had a small state tax lien of 1,300 which I paid off 2 years a go, yesterday I saw my credit scores and they are ex. 692 eq. 740 and tu 730. But the equifax and experian is showing that tax lien as unpaid. I have documents and going tomorrow to the court to get a certified copy that the lien is paid off, I don't much other debt other than a credit card and I already paid off a car loan in 2013. How difficult will it be to get an auto loan? Will the certified copy from the court stating it's paid off help? Should I just wait until it shows as paid on my credit report and how long will that take? Thanks for your help.

Welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

I would just dispute it as being paid after you are sure that it has been updated as such with the court. You might also see if you can get it withdrawn, if so the lien is off your report all together. I would not app for anything until the lien is taken care of at the CRA level its one of the worst things you can have reporting as unpaid.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.