Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statue Of Limitations Law Vague on Open ended Credit Card accounts

tag
Outdoorstech1
Frequent Contributor

Statue Of Limitations Law Vague on Open ended Credit Card accounts

I googled Connecticut SOL and I am trying to figure out if the SOL is three or six years for Credit Cards (open-ended accounts)  I was sued two years ago and on the paperwork said the reason: "Under CT law which is 6 years"  but all the CT laws i've seen say Open-Ended accounts are 3 years and written are 6 years. I can't decipher if CT law for credit cards is written or open ended, the actual law print is very vague.   Would a lawyer know? 

Oral                   Written                Promissory        Open-Ended

CONNECTICUTConn. Gen. Stat. Ann. § 52-576 et. seq.3663

Reason I ask is I want to look into some collections and dont want to stir up any creditors from suing me.  Most of my collections are from 2009. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Statue Of Limitations Law Vague on Open ended Credit Card accounts

Credit cards are always open accounts unless there is superceeding precedent from a successful suit in CT that a creditor would have won making them a written contract, such a suit was successful in GA in 2008 and the legislature never did re define or clarify what an open account was so one has to go on the 6 yr statute for written contracts there over the shorter for open accounts.

'

Adding: In mu perusal of several sites I find that CT is 6 years on CC.

Message 2 of 4
Outdoorstech1
Frequent Contributor

gdale6   what sites did you use? I see a mix of open ended at 3 and 6. So hard to find the correct information out there in the internet. 

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Outdoorstech1 wrote:

gdale6   what sites did you use? I see a mix of open ended at 3 and 6. So hard to find the correct information out there in the internet. 

PM Sent

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.