cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statue of Limitaions - looking beyond...?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Statue of Limitaions - looking beyond...?

I have been in the process of rebuilding my credit for YEARS and for the last two years, I've been working on my husbands too.  I've been doing WONDERFUL but now I hit another bump in the road.  

I just received  a "Pre-Legal Notification" from Midland Credit Management.  It's a collections agency that claims I owe $1500.  After thinking WAY back, I do know where this bill originated - Dell Financial.  I am almost POSITIVE it is beyond the Statue of Limitaions for Ohio (7 years) but I cannot find Dell Financial ANYWHERE on my credit report to prove it.  Midland Credit is on there claiming the date the first MAJOR delnquency occured was in March 2012...which is probably when it was sold from one collection agency to Midland .  (It went from Dell, to one collection agency that is not on my credit report, to Midland Credit apparently).    It also claims the date of first delinquency was March 2006...I do not believe this is correct at ALL!  Thinking back, I am guessing this first went delinquent in 2004.  

What should I do?  Is there anyway to go back to find when this first went to collections from where it originated (Dell)?  Wouldn't it still be on my report if it wasn't beyond the Statue of Limitations?  

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.