cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Changed to Open 72 Point Drop????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Status Changed to Open 72 Point Drop????

I disputed an old account I am no longer liable for and the status of the account was changed to open dropping my score a whopping 72 points Cat MadCat MadCat MadCat MadCat MadCat Mad

What should I do? It is still under investigation..maybe it will be fixed?

Any help is appreciated,

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Status Changed to Open 72 Point Drop????

I'm in the same boat as you.  Sent a EE request to Equifax for a charge off that is due to fall off in November and they updated the acct to open and it is now being included in my AAoA and utilization as well and the "dispute" is still pending. Thankfully I didn't have a score drop at all so far.  Going to keep an eye on it though. Maybe you can call the CRA that did this and get some explanation as to what is going on. You should speak to a supervisor if you don't get a clear answer from the CSR.

Message 2 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

When an OC account is under dispute, certain info under the account is removed from scoring until the disptue is resolved.

That is the likely culprit

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will wait a few more days and see what happens. If it is still all confuzzled I will have to call them or dispute again.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't figure it out, woke up today EQ dropped another 46 points. A new account reported but that's all that has changed.

Any insight =(
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is exactly why I am afraid to dispute anything on my report, for fear of "waking the beast" so to speak.  I have several old charged off accounts that are still showing even though I have not actually had any collection efforts on them in years.  I think I am just going to leave well enough alone and let them fall off on their own.  It would be just my luck that the accounts would go from dormant to active collections because of my efforts to have them removed from my report.

Good  luck, I hope you get it figure out and get your scores back up. I know how hard it is to gain any ground there. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Can't figure it out, woke up today EQ dropped another 46 points. A new account reported but that's all that has changed.

Any insight =(

Something may have aged and put you in another scoring bucket. New accounts will often drop your score as well. Its probably a combination of factors at work.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This is exactly why I am afraid to dispute anything on my report, for fear of "waking the beast" so to speak.  I have several old charged off accounts that are still showing even though I have not actually had any collection efforts on them in years.  I think I am just going to leave well enough alone and let them fall off on their own.  It would be just my luck that the accounts would go from dormant to active collections because of my efforts to have them removed from my report.

Good  luck, I hope you get it figure out and get your scores back up. I know how hard it is to gain any ground there. 

This.  Unless there is something specific that is being reported falsely you should not be disputing anything on your CR.  If they aren't actively trying to collect consider yourself lucky.  If they're within the 7.5 year reporting window leave them alone.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't better to get them removed? I do have 2 separate listings for an account that is not mine but that is on transunion (still waiting for disputes to come back) but this one I am referring to I was told it would be removed by a rep I talked to. They sold the account so she said they'd do it but it hasn't happened only wish I got it in writing.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.