Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status line on sold mortgage

tag
GA8080
Contributor

Status line on sold mortgage

2 years ago, my mortgage was sold to another company. I was 30 days late the month it sold and it is marked as such on my credit report. That payment went to the new serviced and I have never been late since it was sold. The old tradeline shows the following under status for each of the 3 CRAs:
STATUS
Not more than two payments past due
30 days past due
Account transferred to another office

Does this status line affect my score? I am current with the transferred loan and the payment that was 30 days late that last month is no longer due. Shouldn't they all say "Account transferred to another office"? The Condition line says closed on all 3.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Status line on sold mortgage

@GA8080 wrote:
2 years ago, my mortgage was sold to another company. I was 30 days late the month it sold and it is marked as such on my credit report. That payment went to the new serviced and I have never been late since it was sold. The old tradeline shows the following under status for each of the 3 CRAs:
STATUS
Not more than two payments past due
30 days past due
Account transferred to another office

Does this status line affect my score? I am current with the transferred loan and the payment that was 30 days late that last month is no longer due. Shouldn't they all say "Account transferred to another office"? The Condition line says closed on all 3.

A single 30 day late tends to affect Fico for 2 years. If you made that payment on time to the new servicer you should get a statement from them to that effect and send it to the old servicer with request to remove that late info as it was not late. Depends on the CRAs system if they can note transferred to another lender, as long as its closed that is what really matters.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.