Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stay focused!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stay focused!!!

To all those who are rebuilding your credit, STAY FOCUSED.

When I 1st became aware of a FICO score, over 2 years ago, my score was in the mid 500s.  Now my FICO midscore is 748!  I just closed on my new home today.  When I started, I had a slew of collections, charge offs, lates, judgments....you name it and I had it.  Just PFD & GW your butt off.  I not only paid my judgment but got it vacated as well.  First thing is to get current, once you are current, pay your bills on time!  You know the drill, negotiate those collections and get them removed!  Keep those utilizations low.  I know you guys know this stuff, but it pays off if you guys stay persistent.  While having a high FICO score is great, being debt-free is even better.  My advise to all of you is to try and get out of credit card debt completely.  I use my cards to keep them active but I PIF every month. 

I just want all of you guys to stay encouraged and know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  If you work hard at it, you will see the reward.  So just stay focused!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Stay focused!!!

I'm FICO jealous!  I wish I had really read all of the information MyFICO has when I first started credit repairing 2 years ago, I'd be a lot further along!  Congratulations on your new home!!!
Message 2 of 12
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Debt Free that sounds great with a high FICO score..............Priceless!!

Congrats to YOU!! Thanks for sharing !!!       

Love your user name anything  is possible  !!! Postive thinking goes a long way!! and you proved that.

Message Edited by LIGHTNIN on 11-11-2009 01:38 AM
FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for posting this - it is inspiring to those of us who are new at this process and need inspiration.

Thank you again for the words of encouragement and helpful info! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

While having a high FICO score is great, being debt-free is even better.  My advise to all of you is to try and get out of credit card debt completely.  I use my cards to keep them active but I PIF every month. 

+1 

Best words ever.  Can I quote you in my siggy line?

Message 5 of 12
tinkytoo
Regular Contributor

Can I ask what steps did you take to get your judgement vacated I have one on my credit report that I sooo wish I could get off. I was really stupid this is for a measely 192.00 I kept ignoring the mail and ended up with this on my credit.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Beammeup--You can use it in your siggy line, I feel honored Smiley Happy

Tinkytoo--1st thing is to pay the judgment.  Once the judgment is paid, you must get the creditor to file a "satisfaction of judgment" with the courts.  I filled out this particular form and mailed it to the creditor and all they had to do was sign.  Once that satisfaction is filed with the courts, I simply put in a motion to vacate--the judge granted my request!  I live in IL, so please be aware that procedures may vary depending on the state.  But I did it myself, I did not have a lawyer and the forms are easier to complete than one may realize.  Once that judgment was removed, my FICO went up like 25 points!  Keep up posted on your progress.

Good luck to you all!

Message 7 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!!!
Message 8 of 12
tinkytoo
Regular Contributor

Thank You

This is a paid judgement from 2004 do anyone think its wise to try and get it vacated I won't do anything until I hear back. Thanks

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Beammeup--You can use it in your siggy line, I feel honored Smiley Happy

Done!  Words of great wisdom!  Thank you.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.