Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stay the course!

tag
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Stay the course!

Guys, it's been a while since I last posted.

I think my signatures have where/when I started my credit rebuild, but I wanted to check-in with my most recent update I just saw this morning. 

When I started, I thought there was NO way EVER I was going to be able to clear up my files nor would I ever see a score of 720...nevermind 780!

Stay the course folks! Just a little time (it will seem like an eternity) and you'll be there too!

This marks the highest my FICO has ever been:

MyFico ScoreMyFico Score v2

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Stay the course!

That is fantastic @Repo-ed!  Thanks for checking in with your success. Nice to see that your work and patience has paid off. It helps motivate those of us who still have a long way to go. Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Repo-ed wrote:

Guys, it's been a while since I last posted.

I think my signatures have where/when I started my credit rebuild, but I wanted to check-in with my most recent update I just saw this morning. 

When I started, I thought there was NO way EVER I was going to be able to clear up my files nor would I ever see a score of 720...nevermind 780!

Stay the course folks! Just a little time (it will seem like an eternity) and you'll be there too!

This marks the highest my FICO has ever been:

MyFico ScoreMyFico Score v2

That is so awesome.  Smiley LOL  It's true that one should never give up and if you continue to make the right moves, eventually your reports will reflect all the hard work and perseverance. 

Thanks for sharing.Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 10
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

Wow that's an amazing accomplishment! I certainly needed to see this today. Good job on your hardwork.

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome progress!! Congratulations on your successful rebuild.

This should be great encouragement for the rest of us out there

Message 5 of 10
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

It should be noted that my rebuild took longer than most as I chose to wait the full 7 years for my vehicle repossession (hence my name...it's not Ed, the forums wouldn't allow me to use repo'd). So I had to send in GW to all of the creditors asking for negative marks to be removed and suprisingly ALL of them were removed...with the exception of my repo. In fact, I didn't send them ANY GW, since they could have sued me or sent me to collections. They, for whatever reason, did neither. They reported the repo and let that do the damage.

I've closed 150k-200k in CL in the past couple of years. I think 3 years ago I had 23 credit card accounts!!! AT ONE TIME! I was applying and being approved for everything. At times, I wonder if my score would be higher...so now I'll have to wait for the INQ's to fall off to find out.  Again, Patience is the key. #majorkey

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is AMAZING!!!  Super awesome.  Send some of that power my way Smiley Happy 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!!

Message 8 of 10
mark_mark

Thanks for the post, gives hope to all of us just starting out.  One thing I did note is that transformation took about 5 years.  Patience is key.

Filed BK February 2016, discharged June 2016 | March 2017 - EQ 659, TU 654, EX 663 | Goal - All above 700
Message 9 of 10
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@mark_mark wrote:

Thanks for the post, gives hope to all of us just starting out.  One thing I did note is that transformation took about 5 years.  Patience is key.

Indeed.

What gets my goose is, I am still declined here and there from issuers you just wouldn't think would decline my CR's.

I THINK what may have happened was...I cancelled all of my Amex accounts (it was really them that helped me to start rebuilding back in the beginning) after they lost my trust handling a dispute resolution issue (It's posted somewhere around these forums). I hit my 10 year mark via their backdating they use to offer and ALL of my cards have since fallen off (Not confirmed, just guessing) as my AAoA is showing 1.5 yrs....but then again, maybe it was pulled down because of those much newer accounts I went on a spree and opened over the past few years.

So while I SAY I'm gardening presently. I really have no need for any new credit, I never know what may capture my fancy. I love chasing points/miles/statement credits.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.