Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stellar Recovery Agreed to PFD, but did not delete

tag
thesecondtimearound
Valued Member

Stellar Recovery Agreed to PFD, but did not delete

Hi

In September of 2013, I sent a PFD request to Stellar Recovery. Through email, the Chief Compliance Officer agreed to the terms. Well, I paid, but they didn't delete. As of today, the neg mark is still on my CR. What should be my next step? Thanks for the guidance!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: Stellar Recovery Agreed to PFD, but did not delete

@thesecondtimearound wrote:

Hi

In September of 2013, I sent a PFD request to Stellar Recovery. Through email, the Chief Compliance Officer agreed to the terms. Well, I paid, but they didn't delete. As of today, the neg mark is still on my CR. What should be my next step? Thanks for the guidance!

contact them again to remind them, and forward them the email showing that they agreed to delete.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2 of 20
titanofold
Established Contributor

Deleting a TL is a manual process.

I would write another letter reminding them of the agreement, and include any and all paper work to show that you paid, that the payment cleared, and the original agreement.

The tone of the letter should remain friendly. Remember, they're doing you a favor. Trust that they're acting in good faith and just forgot about deleting the TL.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 3 of 20
jre
Regular Contributor

Yes, attempt to resolve this amicably with the collection agency. It could have been an oversight on their part. If all else fails I have been told by one of the credit bureaus that if you send in a letter stating the creditor will delete if you pay then that will suffice for the credit bureau to delete.

Quicksilver x2 | Barclays | Store Cards (more than I need)

Scores: 650s
Message 4 of 20
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

Hmmm.... I simply DV'd them first via a dispute through EX who gave me the results of: REMAINS, Contact Creditor.  So I was planning on PFD later when I can, but I also had DV'd through TU, but they give you a lot more space to say what you need, so on that one I stated: Never received dunning notice. This has been redated from 2008 to 2012, dispute with comcast over poor customer service, allowed disconnection, company equipment returned with satisfaction.

There's one more item on TU that's in progress but today I pulled up my CR on EX again and saw that it had been deleted!! It was my youngest negative!! Pretty excited. But it seems TU went to bat and Stellar couldn't validate and then reported it to EX as well. Can't wait to see that baddie drop dead. I'm locked out of EQ for the moment and had to mail in my request, but I'm monitoring here.

There's hope! Smiley LOL

Start MyFico: 01/04/2014: TU 572, EX 599, EQ 593, CK: 593, CKV: 596, CS: 626 Garden since 01/09/2015
Current MyFico 10/23/2015: TU 740, EX 784, EQ 739, CK/TU: 768, CK/EX: 782, CS: 785 Q: 702 1.5% UTIL & 6.9 yrs. AAoA, 1 PAID FTB Lien 8/2008

Message 5 of 20
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Firehorse wrote:

Hmmm.... I simply DV'd them first via a dispute through EX who gave me the results of: REMAINS, Contact Creditor.  So I was planning on PFD later when I can, but I also had DV'd through TU, but they give you a lot more space to say what you need, so on that one I stated: Never received dunning notice. This has been redated from 2008 to 2012, dispute with comcast over poor customer service, allowed disconnection, company equipment returned with satisfaction.

There's one more item on TU that's in progress but today I pulled up my CR on EX again and saw that it had been deleted!! It was my youngest negative!! Pretty excited. But it seems TU went to bat and Stellar couldn't validate and then reported it to EX as well. Can't wait to see that baddie drop dead. I'm locked out of EQ for the moment and had to mail in my request, but I'm monitoring here.

There's hope! Smiley LOL

You don't get debt validation by disputing with the CRAs.  That is a dispute and the CRA asks the creditor for verification of the debt, not validation.

A DV has to go directly to the 3rd party collection agency and state you are requesting debt validation per FDCPA 809.

A dispute and a DV are two entirely separate things.

Message 6 of 20
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

Thanks.

I realized what I was saying was not a DV afterward. TU has a box that you can tick that says something like validate, multiple inaccuracies. So I confrused myself. Smiley Wink

Start MyFico: 01/04/2014: TU 572, EX 599, EQ 593, CK: 593, CKV: 596, CS: 626 Garden since 01/09/2015
Current MyFico 10/23/2015: TU 740, EX 784, EQ 739, CK/TU: 768, CK/EX: 782, CS: 785 Q: 702 1.5% UTIL & 6.9 yrs. AAoA, 1 PAID FTB Lien 8/2008

Message 7 of 20
thesecondtimearound
Valued Member

UPDATE:

I checked my CR today and the neg mark has been removed...no mention of the account ever even existing. If anyone needs help/contact info for Stellar, feel free to PM me. I'd be happy to share. Thanks to everyone for guidance. Best of luck in 2014!

Message 8 of 20
titanofold
Established Contributor

Woohoo! That's great!

Do you know how many points you gained?

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 9 of 20
Firehorse
Frequent Contributor

I'd be curious to know how many points you jumped too. I'll let you know as soon as one of my scores get updated. I'm crossing my fingers. Smiley Happy

Currently I'm at TU: 571, EX: 599, EQ: 593

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.