Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stellar Recovery PFD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stellar Recovery PFD

Just wanted to fill everyone in on my experience with Stellar Recovery. 

I had an outstanding bill from Comcast in the amount of $529.51 which was a final service bill after my move in January 2014.  The comcast account was sent to Stellar Recovery for collections who then reported it to Experian and Equifax. 

I was tired of the bill lingering over my head so I had planned to go ahead and pay the bill directly to Comcast then send a GW to both Comcast and Stellar Recovery asking them to remove the account from my credit report.  However, I received a call from ERC on 10/3/2014.  I spoke with both a representative and supervisor who stated that if I paid the amount due, they would remove the account from all credit agencies within 48 hours of payment.  They stated that in 30 days they would send me a letter stating $0 balance on the account and confirming account deletion from credit report.  They said that it would take 30 days to receive the receipt in case payment is reversed for any reason but promised to delete account from credit report within 48 hours of payment. 

I agreed to do it.  I made the payment to be drafted on 10/7/2014.  I will give them 48 hours after the payment is drafted from my account before I follow-up.  Im hoping that they stick to their word on this.  I will update my status with the results of this agreement.

Anyone have a similar experience with Stellar Recovery or any other CRA?  How did it work out for you?

Any advice on what to do to protect myself in case they go back on their word?

Thanks in advance!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
H_you
Valued Member

Re: Enhanced Recovery Company (ERC) PFD

Hopefully you received this in writing from them, on company letterhead? Otherwise, if they decide not to keep their word....
Message 2 of 4
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Funny, I just got off the phone with them submitting the last payment for a friend!

My experience with them is actually a rollercoaster! We set up these payments before even doing a DV. They said they would NOT delete but update to a $0 balance. Later on, I called back and asked to delete again since she was paying it and they said just to dispute it on the CRAs and that they would not verify so the line should be removed. That's what we did, and they deleted that way. Today, she makes her final payment of $94 and they haven't popped back up yet, and I don't think they will since they recieved payment already.

Others on this forum, however, did a DV first and saw that they folded THAT. I guess it all just depends.

Either way, good luck and get everything in writing!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response!! Its good to hear that they deleted the CA for you!  My fingers are crossed!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.