Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stellar recovery

tag
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Stellar recovery

With comcast, the best result is to show up to the office of your area, and talk to their "account manager."

Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also along these lines I just went to the mail and got a invoice from Second Chance for something that is definitely mine and I inquired online. I am assuming this is a legit validation and I should now proceed to a PFD request?

Message 12 of 29
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Also along these lines I just went to the mail and got a invoice from Second Chance for something that is definitely mine and I inquired online. I am assuming this is a legit validation and I should now proceed to a PFD request?

Yep.

Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep.

Is it possible to request a settlement on this and a delete or do I need to offer to pay the original amount in order for deletion to apply?

Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

With comcast, the best result is to show up to the office of your area, and talk to their "account manager."

except that this apparently is from Chicago where I lived for 3 years. Funny thing is that Comcast was included in my rent. I am wondering if it was some equiptment or something. I sent it back in the boxes, but perhaps some cable? I don't know what could only be $67.

Message 15 of 29
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

If they can't validate, it'll disappear, but if it's validated, I'm sure you could do a PFD offer. Depending on it's age, you can low ball them (if it's past SOL for your state).

If they delete from DV, have the expectations of it being sent back to the OC, then to another CA/JDB, starting the show all over again.

Message 16 of 29
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Modem?

Personally speaking...lol...the box bill would be well over $800.

Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish there was a "thumbs up" emoji, but for now I'll just Cat Wink

Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have any issues with paying the $67 one which is comcast. I'd do it right now if I didn't require a paper trail. It is the one from Second Chance that I just got in the mail today that is verified. I will now PFD. It is for $350 which was an installment for HSN, which is fine. I just want it gone asap.

Message 19 of 29
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't have any issues with paying the $67 one which is comcast. I'd do it right now if I didn't require a paper trail. It is the one from Second Chance that I just got in the mail today that is verified. I will now PFD. It is for $350 which was an installment for HSN, which is fine. I just want it gone asap.

I'd check out your state's SOL, and that will give you leverage to reducing amounts, or "haggling," as I'm a cheap sob, and enjoy the thrill...lol.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.