Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steller Recovery??

tag
cocomadd
Regular Contributor

Steller Recovery??

Just curious.  Anyone out there have any experience or know anything about this collection agency?  They arbitraility ruined my credit with a pop-up junk collection from 2007, posting as new collection.

Exp/647-Fako
EQ/629-Fico
Trans/656-Fako
NEW SCORES
EX/665
EQ/642
Trans/656 Fako

This is new to me but I will take the 750+ challenge! Goal by May 2014
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
outlaw7478
Valued Member

Re: Steller Recovery??

Man I just had the the same thing happen. Right after my bk discharged last month it showed up and my score dropped 30 points! Then a few days later it was saying included in bk. It was a old Comcast collection that I included in bk. At least its showing as iib I guess
Message 2 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@outlaw7478 wrote:
Man I just had the the same thing happen. Right after my bk discharged last month it showed up and my score dropped 30 points! Then a few days later it was saying included in bk. It was a old Comcast collection that I included in bk. At least its showing as iib I guess

You know that by them reporting this collection it is a violation of the automatic stay.  Reporting is a collection activity.

Write a letter advising the collection agency that they are in violation of the automatic stay by attempting to collect a debt after the filing date. Include excerpts from the bankruptcy code applicable to debt collection activities not allowed once a stay is in place, and indicate that it doesn't matter whether or not they were aware of the stay at the time of initiating the collection -- once they became aware, they were obligated to delete any reference to the collection initiated after the BK filing or they'd be in violation of the automatic stay.  You are also entitled to sue and collect attorney fees and possible damages in the event a creditor willfully violates the stay, so include that language too.

Make sure you include your BK case number.

Message 3 of 6
Smooth954
Regular Contributor

I have a negative on my account from them for equipment from Comcast cable that they claim I didn't return when I closed my account. I know for sure the items where returned but its been such a long time I no longer have the receipt as I felt I wouldn't need it 5 years later. Still they are reporting it as new. And they sent me a paid for delete letter with out me even requesting any info at all about the debt. I wouldn't of even know about the negative if I had not received the letter which caused me to pull my report. They claim if I attempt to validate the debt they will no longer offer me the pay for delete. Seem all types of shady
Myfico (7/16/14): EQ:736, EX:678(Prosper 7/16/14), TU:691(5/29/14)
Wallet:

Message 4 of 6
cocomadd
Regular Contributor

Yes, it appears that it is for comcast.  How much is your bill for?  Mine is $131.  I believe it is for the equipment too. which I recall returning as well in Florida back in 2007!!!  They have ruined my credit score!!!  I sent them a validation letter with statutes and certification and I reported them to CFPB.   Let us see, I expect to get this cleared.  I have about 15-20 days to do so.  I sent that letter 5 days ago and have not recieved the return receipt??

Exp/647-Fako
EQ/629-Fico
Trans/656-Fako
NEW SCORES
EX/665
EQ/642
Trans/656 Fako

This is new to me but I will take the 750+ challenge! Goal by May 2014
Message 5 of 6
Smooth954
Regular Contributor

Almost identical situation When I was living in Florida I had a cable box and an Internet wireless modem that they are calling I did not return don't there are not saying that they are just referring to what ever they claim I didn't return as equipment. No specifics as to what the equipment the say I didn't return is. They are claiming I owe them 115 plus a 7$ processing fee once I pay the bill which could amount to 122$ I told them to go You know what themselves over the phone when they called me needless to say they have not called me after that but the negative it still on my CR. please keep me informed of the progress with them as I think I will have to take the same route.
Myfico (7/16/14): EQ:736, EX:678(Prosper 7/16/14), TU:691(5/29/14)
Wallet:

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.