Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps I have taken do they sound ok?

tag
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

Steps I have taken do they sound ok?

Hello. I found this site about a week ago and have taken a few steps to improve my score. I need to be at 620 by July to qualify for a mortgage. Current scores Experian 620, Equifax 594, and transition 587 according to score watch. Ok so the big negatives a short sale closed in march of 09, two collections that were paid off I have recently disputed online on the different credit reports (although not sure this was the right thing to do), one open collection with affiliated acceptance Corp for 270.00 also disputed online. If that doesn't work I will send a Pfd letter (which I wish I knew existed before I paid the last two collections), one medical bill recently paid to hospital and disputed online with CA. I have one car loan and a credit card with just one 30 day late disputed both of these. I have two other credit cards with late pays that I just left alone. I was secondary on an Amex card with a 14,000 balance called and had myself removed so that will be dropping off my credit. I have a few store cards with no late pays and small balances so I am going to pay those off. I have the 11,000 credit card with the late pays but is now current so I will make sure not to be late again in the next six months. Do you think the approx 30 points is doable in six months? So by march I will owe one car loan, 10000 credit card, 1000 store card, and another 3000 on a closed visa. I also have a car loan paid off in 2009 that had several late pays with sun trust. I have typed a gw letter just need to get it mailed out. Any advice on any additional steps I should take or what I may have done wrong?
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Steps I have taken do they sound ok?

Check the source of your scores. ScoreWatch only offers an EQ FICO and you can't purchase your EX FICO from anywhere without the help of a lender. You can only buy your EQ FICO from a lender, myFICO, or from a couple of links within Equifax.com. You can only buy your TU FICO from myFICO or your lender. And you cannot buy your EX FICO from anywhere, without the help of a lender. There are some banks and CUs that offer FICOs as well as part of a benefit. For example, PSECU offers an EX FICO. DCU, M&T Bank, and Unitus CU offers an EQ FICO. And you can get a TU FICO from Wal-MArt iuf you happen to have one of their CCs.

Don't dispute stuff. It makes it harder to come off sometimes. Send a GW to the paid collections instead.

You can try a GW on the short sale.

Mail a DV to Affiliated. If they verify and agree, then send a PFD.

For the medical, send a DV and if they verify and you agree, then send a PFD. Or follow the HIPAA process by paying it off with the doctor first.

Send a GW for the paid medical baddie.

Send GWs on the lates.

Stop disputing! Bad things can come of it.

I recall your other post on SunTrust, again, I wouldn't send a GW out of risk of a TL deletion.

Points are always possible.

Message 2 of 5
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

Thank you shoot I already disputed some things but won't do that again. I sent gw emails to late pays on accounts that are still open and got turned down. So if they delete the sun trust car loan that would hurt me? I won't send that then. My credit is bad bad I think those scores online actually say they are higher then what they are. I have lotsof work to do.
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

IIRC, the Suntrust was closed with 30 day lates? Sometimes GWing can result in a closed account's demise. Doesn't always happen, but there's a chance. If this account is one of your oldest, then the risk exists for a score drop of they delete the entire TL instead of the lates. Also, FICO largely ignores 30 day lates after 2 years. YMMV on your credit.

Message 4 of 5
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

Yes sun trust is an auto loan that was paid off closed and had 30 and 60 day lates in the end. It wad paid off in 2009. So if I gw them and they delete it that could be bad? I currently have another installment loan on a car that I have had for almost 18 months and it has had one 30 day late. This is Santander and I did gw email them and got a no. I guess I should try and send them a letter.
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.