cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to take..Do I have this correct?

tag
Cupcake78

Steps to take..Do I have this correct?

I want to first apologize if this is something that has been addressed.

I just pulled my Experian CR via USAA  I have 4  accounts in collections:

1. AR Resources--$284  notes that it is a medical collection--I am pretty sure this should have been covered by my insurance.

2.  Credit Protection Association--$118 just says unpaid collection

3.  NICO FiN 99--$226--again unpaid collection

4.  Avante--$171--unpaid collection

Now because there is no info about the OC, should I send them all a DV letter--I think I know what 2 and 3 are--cable and electricity from an apartment that a roommate was supposed to pay off/  I have no idea what the Avante account is about.

Let's say that the debt has been all legally validated.  Should I do a PFD?  I have been reading that some people have gone to the OC even though they don't own the account anymore (Which, btw, how can I tell if the OC no longer own the debt?) and have paid the account and then submitted proof that the account has been settled to get the account deleted.

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Steps to take..Do I have this correct?

You can DV them and if they validate send a PFD.  Ask specifically for the name and address of the OC in the DV.

Are there any OCs on your CR that correspond to those collections?  If there is see if they say sold/transferred.  That means they do not own the debt.

Message 2 of 3
pisspoorcredit
New Contributor

Re: Steps to take..Do I have this correct?

Also, I heard that by finding out who the OC is, and if you do a PFD with them instead of the CA...after paying the debt and the item is still on your report from the CA, dispute with the CRA's that you do not have an account with "Said CA. Please provide proof that this belongs to me or remove from my credit report" BAM! I'm thinking...if you satify the debt with the OC and they agree to remove their mark from your PFD, when you dispute the CA mark with the CRA...they most likely will not respond bc it is already paid...leading that to be removed as well.

Starting Score: 503
Current Score: 510
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.