Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still Fighting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still Fighting

Do I have any grounds on incorrect reporting as this doesn't even make sense. How can I have a High balance of $0 paid 100% yet havd a balance of $2191 and owe them $2191.

ver.png

Also should it still be reporting like this if the debt was sold or transferred? Should it be reporting open? Trying to figure out my next move as I already got the collection removed and this tradeline removed from everywhere except EQ and this is killing my score on EQ. I even have a letter from Verizon that states they have requested deleting the tradeline but EQ says they didn't get that request. What grounds do I have for dispute that might help me if any?

verrr.png

letter.png

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Still Fighting

Anyone have any feedback on this? I really want to get this last negative account gone.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

"High balance" is an optional report field.  Creditors aren't required to submit that field.

If the debt was actually sold to Jefferson, you can dispute the balance with the CRAs and say "The balance reported is incorrect, please correct the balance in a timely fashion or remove this tradeline entirely."

That's the best you can do, but if it was sold, it's definitely reported incorrectly and that's a federal law violation.

I'd consider an ITS letter down the line if the CRAs verify -- ITS against both Verizo and the CRAs since somebody is violating the law and the other one is complicit.  Get the MOV if you can after a dispute and before ITS.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you ABCD.

It was definitely sold to Jefferson. I got them to delete the trade line. It is under dipute with Verizon again will see how this plays out as the last dispute I was told by EQ they verified the debt on 1/12/18. This dispute has been open a week so far and no response from Verizon.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone is breaking the law if they're reporting a balance on a chargeoff that was sold to someone else.  So definitely keep a paper trail here -- do your disputes in writing (USPS CMRRR) and get their responses in writing via USPS as well.  This will help you in court.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got Verizon removed from EQ I am not sure how much it effects my Fico score but can tell you this alone on the EQ site was worth 30+ points. I finally got it removed by filing a CFPB complaint. Thank you for all your help.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.