Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still No Credit Score showing

tag
coalchunk
Established Member

Still No Credit Score showing

I have been trying to get a credit profile started and a credit score. I am trying to get a home loan. I have not had any type of credit cards, loans, nothing for over 15yrs. I had a thin credit profile at start. Now I have gotten 3 loans, a fingerhut revolving credit card, and a few other store cards. I don't like having the credit card however I need them to build a credit profile. I had a Mortgage Broker run my credit the other day and I got a letter back saying I have no credit to reprot and I have no credit score that was able to be generated. I am a bit confussed by both of these. I would think if I have loans and credit cards then I must have some sort of credit score showing, let alone all of these should be showing on my credit reports. I have pulled my reports through some of the free, or free with a trial credit webpages, they all show my loans and credit cards. Is there a reason the Mortgage broker is not showing any of this, and no score. I know the free web pages use a Fako score but, it shows a score. I have thought about subscribing to the myFICO to see what score they generate, however I have read some not so good reviews on that. I would like to know if you have that myFIKO what you think of it and if it is worth subscribing to, and what package do you recommend.

Thank You 

Angela

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Still No Credit Score showing

It takes 6 months of credit history to generate Fico scores 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
coalchunk
Established Member

Thank You for the reply. 

Message 3 of 6
kjel
Established Contributor

@coalchunk wrote:

I have been trying to get a credit profile started and a credit score. I am trying to get a home loan. I have not had any type of credit cards, loans, nothing for over 15yrs. I had a thin credit profile at start. Now I have gotten 3 loans, a fingerhut revolving credit card, and a few other store cards. I don't like having the credit card however I need them to build a credit profile. I had a Mortgage Broker run my credit the other day and I got a letter back saying I have no credit to reprot and I have no credit score that was able to be generated. I am a bit confussed by both of these. I would think if I have loans and credit cards then I must have some sort of credit score showing, let alone all of these should be showing on my credit reports. I have pulled my reports through some of the free, or free with a trial credit webpages, they all show my loans and credit cards. Is there a reason the Mortgage broker is not showing any of this, and no score. I know the free web pages use a Fako score but, it shows a score. I have thought about subscribing to the myFICO to see what score they generate, however I have read some not so good reviews on that. I would like to know if you have that myFIKO what you think of it and if it is worth subscribing to, and what package do you recommend.

Thank You 

Angela

There are lenders that will underwrite mortgage on non-traditional credit, meaning that they will use a 12-24 month on time payment history on at least three accounts such as utilities, cell phone, cable, etc. You'd be best served by meeting with a HUD certified housing counseling agency in your area. Here's the locator page from HUD http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/hcc/hcs.cfm. Often times they work with local loan officers that have what the industry refers to as "community loan products" which may have lower credit score requirements and/or help in a situation such as yours. Additionally, every state has what is known as a Housing Finance Agency which also offer flexible mortgage products for someone in your situation, first time buyers, or lower income/lower credit households. Here's the tool to find your state's HFA https://www.ncsha.org/housing-help. 

Good luck. 

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 4 of 6
coalchunk
Established Member

Thank You for the links I am looking into those options now! 

I appreciate all the help and advie this forum supplies.

Thank You 

Angela

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're currently renting and have a good payment history and relationship with your landlord, perhaps include a letter from your landlord touting your great payment history.  And then use that to augment your mortgage application.   I was recently at a class which discussed mortgage approvals, home ownership, etc.  The letter of "recommendation" was something I was told I should do - couldn't hurt anyway!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.