Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still having problems with West Asset

tag
Pineknot69
Regular Contributor

Still having problems with West Asset

I mailed a letter of dispute certified mail RRR, on August 13th. The letter of notice of debt was August 1. I was within the 30 days and I can prove I mailed the letter. I cannot confirm receipt because I have not received the signature card back. So after two weeks I checked the USPS tracking and it said it is "in transit" estimated delivery date was August 16. I don't know how I can prove they got it without the green card?

I am disputing and asking for validation of a debt they claim I owe. I believe it was billed incorrectly to my medical insurance. Several of the doctor's claims were denied because the provider used the wrong codes initially. I contacted providers after speaking with the insurance company and asked them to resubmit the bills to insurance. I suspect the original creditor turned the account over to collections as a result of this mess. So I have ordered records of the insurance claims paid and I am waiting for them. Meanwhile, West Asset Business Management has placed a collection on both experian and equifax with unvalidated and disputed information they claim is true. Now it seems they do not want to sign for their mail. 

I am wondering if I have a case for small claims court because West Asset did not allow me 30 days, placed the collection on one credit report the same day they dated their first letter of notice to me, refused to accept my certified letter (validation demand/dispute)....and placed a second collection on my experian report even though per a phone conversation and a certified letter I have disputed the debt. 

I actually recorded the phone conversation with the representative I spoke to on August 15 when I found out they placed the first collection prior without allowing me 30 days. The response was "that was our bad." I asked for validation and that the negative remarks be removed from my credit report and I was told that the collection would remain "until you prove you paid it." 

HELP!!! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Still having problems with West Asset

@Pineknot69 wrote:

I mailed a letter of dispute certified mail RRR, on August 13th. The letter of notice of debt was August 1. I was within the 30 days and I can prove I mailed the letter. I cannot confirm receipt because I have not received the signature card back. So after two weeks I checked the USPS tracking and it said it is "in transit" estimated delivery date was August 16. I don't know how I can prove they got it without the green card?

I am disputing and asking for validation of a debt they claim I owe. I believe it was billed incorrectly to my medical insurance. Several of the doctor's claims were denied because the provider used the wrong codes initially. I contacted providers after speaking with the insurance company and asked them to resubmit the bills to insurance. I suspect the original creditor turned the account over to collections as a result of this mess. So I have ordered records of the insurance claims paid and I am waiting for them. Meanwhile, West Asset Business Management has placed a collection on both experian and equifax with unvalidated and disputed information they claim is true. Now it seems they do not want to sign for their mail. 

I am wondering if I have a case for small claims court because West Asset did not allow me 30 days, placed the collection on one credit report the same day they dated their first letter of notice to me, refused to accept my certified letter (validation demand/dispute)....and placed a second collection on my experian report even though per a phone conversation and a certified letter I have disputed the debt. 

I actually recorded the phone conversation with the representative I spoke to on August 15 when I found out they placed the first collection prior without allowing me 30 days. The response was "that was our bad." I asked for validation and that the negative remarks be removed from my credit report and I was told that the collection would remain "until you prove you paid it." 

HELP!!! 

You're going to have to bite the bullet, and wait to see what happens with the CMRRR. Are you 200% sure you have the right address for this CA?

Message 2 of 4
Pineknot69
Regular Contributor

I sent it to the address it came from but I looked at it closely and found 3 other addresses. Guess I mailed it to the wrong one. Is that why it hasn't been signed for? What should I do now? Can I mail a copy of it to the "correspondence" address listed on the back (in tiny printSmiley Sad) thank you so much for your help!

Message 3 of 4
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

You'll need to verify which address is correct. At some point the CMRRR will be returned undeliverable.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.