Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still learning

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still learning

I have what I hope is a couple of quickie questions...

JDB purchased a charge off. Shortly after that, JDB did a hard pull and the PP was "collection". (this occurred a year ago) How often can they do a hard pull? If I opt-out, will this prevent them from any hard of soft pulls?
Is an "Account Review Inquiry" on TU a soft or hard pull?
Thanks!!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Still learning

AR is a soft pull.

Based on what the FCRA says, a CA does have PP. However, speaking as opinion, they don't have the right to pull frequently (more than once for the same account). I've read some posts here of a CA pulling monthly. That's wrong.

Don't know about opting out. I would guess that can't pull hard or soft. Very likely it wouldn't be a soft pull.
Message 2 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Opting out prevents promotional soft pulls for CC offers.  It does not prevent hard pulls for PP, or soft pulls from companies with which you already have established a credit relationship
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so the CA did hard pull on EX in early 07 and then a soft pull on TU in late 07. Don't see one for EQ.
IMO, these CA's are just fishing for info because they have no info of their own. UGH
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MidnightVoice wrote:
Opting out prevents promotional soft pulls for CC offers. It does not prevent hard pulls for PP, or soft pulls from companies with which you already have established a credit relationship

Is there any good reason to opt out besides promotional soft pulls?
Message 5 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

FixinMyCredit wrote:

Is there any good reason to opt out besides promotional soft pulls?

1  Saves a lot of trees and recycling

2  Looks good on a manual review if one is in credit rebuilding mode
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.