Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still wading in the water

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still wading in the water

Hi All!

I'm super scared to apply for a secured or unsecured card because I keep getting denied! I have ordered the chexsystem report and currently waiting on those results. Does anyone know what score is needed to get approved for any type of card? My current scores are 613 eq, 574 tu, 606 ex. TU has not updated as of yet. I have paid down the only credit card i have with credit one bank with a $300 limit ($12.24 balance as of today) and I have paid off a delinquent credit card with neighbors fcu $457. So that's where I got a a 20 point boost  on eq and ex today. Other than that i am lost. I'm trying to get to at least a 640 to apply for a mortgage. 

*Another reason i dont want to apply is because i have over 70 inquiries Smiley Embarassed due to me looking for a car and was finally approved in march for 27k auto loan with my mommy as a cosigner.

Any suggestions to this mess im in?

As always, it is greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Still wading in the water

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All!

I'm super scared to apply for a secured or unsecured card because I keep getting denied! I have ordered the chexsystem report and currently waiting on those results. Does anyone know what score is needed to get approved for any type of card? My current scores are 613 eq, 574 tu, 606 ex. TU has not updated as of yet. I have paid down the only credit card i have with credit one bank with a $300 limit ($12.24 balance as of today) and I have paid off a delinquent credit card with neighbors fcu $457. So that's where I got a a 20 point boost  on eq and ex today. Other than that i am lost. I'm trying to get to at least a 640 to apply for a mortgage. 

*Another reason i dont want to apply is because i have over 70 inquiries Smiley Embarassed due to me looking for a car and was finally approved in march for 27k auto loan with my mommy as a cosigner.

70 inquiries for an auto loan? Did you do them within a short window of time when auto shopping? If you did, they are supposed to be consolidated to 1 inquiry (if done within a couple week window). You should check more into this and see what is going on.

Secured cards, you want to try Capital One prequalification for a Secured card or try OpenSky secured card or both.

Don't use that Credit One card anymore, it costs way too much since they charge you interest from the time of purchase.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All!

70 inquiries for an auto loan? Did you do them within a short window of time when auto shopping? If you did, they are supposed to be consolidated to 1 inquiry (if done within a couple week window). You should check more into this and see what is going on.

Secured cards, you want to try Capital One prequalification for a Secured card or try OpenSky secured card or both.

Don't use that Credit One card anymore, it costs way too much since they charge you interest from the time of purchase.

Yes I went to several dealers in a short time frame. But the last one I did that actually approved my car loan has the most inquiries, which boosted me up to almost 70. Its like all of the inquiries are separate. How can I get rid of them? Should I call the CRA and let them know or dispute it? Thank you for responding!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All!

Yes I went to several dealers in a short time frame. But the last one I did that actually approved my car loan has the most inquiries, which boosted me up to almost 70. Its like all of the inquiries are separate. How can I get rid of them? Should I call the CRA and let them know or dispute it? Thank you for responding!

You can't. Its normal for them to be listed separately, but scoring will count them as one if they are coded correctly. Since your scores are in the 600's I would assume they are being scored correctly.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.