Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping an open Experian dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stopping an open Experian dispute

Hi! Looking for a little help here.... I checked my Experian report this morning and one of my accounts is highlighted and marked as under investigation. I haven't open any disputes. I'm getting ready to close escrow and can't have any disputes on my report especially an open dispute. Does anyone know how to stop the investigation? Thanks in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

Re: Stopping an open Experian dispute

Did you try calling Experian to see why there is a dispute pending that you didn't initiate? I woud try to reach out to them. I have CCT so I tend to call their customer service who do things a bit faster, but YMMV with regular Experian as I could never get a live person just an automated system, but the forum may have a better number for them. Good luck on your closing!

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Stopping an open Experian dispute

Have you recently sent any communications to creditors or debt collectors, such as a DV request, that could have been interpreted as a direct dispute?

A party may have notified the CRA of what they have determined to be a pending direct dispute.

The CRA should be able to inform you of the source of any dispute notification in your file.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.