Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store cards that pull Experian report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Store cards that pull Experian report?

Hi. I have a capital one Qs and a Fingerhut card but I am wanting to add one more card but don't want another denial as I was recently denied for a Target card. I have had the Fingerhut since Oct and Cap One since Dec with low utilization and no late payments. My scores currently are EQ 577 TU 598  and  EX 602  so I feel like I should try for one that would pull EX. I really would like an amazon card but I don't know which report they'd pull. I am trying to get a card I could use to buy things I actually need on a regular basis anyway like diapers. I had a walmart card years ago back in 2006 that should be off my credit by now but I didn't know any better and in 2014 I set up payment arrangements with them so now I am waiting on the 7 years. From what I understand Walmart uses Schyrony bank so I am worried anything shynchrony related would be an automatic denial for me. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Store cards that pull Experian report?

My Comenity store cards had scores pulled from Equifax only.  Just got my Amazon store card and can't remember who Synchrony pulls scores from.  BTW, when I apped my last comenity cards, they okayed me at 572. My equifax was (and is) my lowest FICO.

ETA:  I tanked on Old Navy (paid the bill, but RUINED that account. all paid a little less than 2ya. Got $800 starting CL with Amazon a couple of weeks ago.

YMMV 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi. I have a capital one Qs and a Fingerhut card but I am wanting to add one more card but don't want another denial as I was recently denied for a Target card. I have had the Fingerhut since Oct and Cap One since Dec with low utilization and no late payments. My scores currently are EQ 577 TU 598  and  EX 602  so I feel like I should try for one that would pull EX. I really would like an amazon card but I don't know which report they'd pull. I am trying to get a card I could use to buy things I actually need on a regular basis anyway like diapers. I had a walmart card years ago back in 2006 that should be off my credit by now but I didn't know any better and in 2014 I set up payment arrangements with them so now I am waiting on the 7 years. From what I understand Walmart uses Schyrony bank so I am worried anything shynchrony related would be an automatic denial for me. 

Could you clarify when your Walmart card charged off and were you unable to keep the payment arrangements with them? There are some Comenity cards that pull EX, but applying for too many of their cards has led to them shutting down those accounts.  From my own personal experience, Synchrony bank was very forgiving when I paid off my charged off accounts.  If you give it a couple more months and have positive payment history reporting and take care of any baddies that remain, you should start to see your score rise and have more options in regards to credit apps.  I'm not saying that store cards are bad; I have several myself.  I'm just saying that lenders such as Comenity bank and Synchrony have lately been taking adverse action if you get too many of their products in a short period of time.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened the Walmart card in 2006 with a measley $75 CL. I was young, broke and dumb and maxed it out pretty much right away. Somehow it got all the way up to $661 and was charged off in April 2011 and sold to another lender. 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous.

Thanks for the reply.  Were the payment arrangements made with the CA and not followed through with?  When I got my Walmart card, my TU score was somewhere between 620-630 and I had a lot of baddies on my reports.  If you have a Cap 1 card, then at the end of the 6 months, you can apply for a second card. If you do try to go the store card route, apply one one and give it six months.  It serves no useful purpose if you a lot of Comenity bank store cards and then they get closed.

FYI. If you use the @ then it will allow you to pick the name of the person who you want to respond to.

Have a great week.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kaykay65

What do you mean Synchrony was forgiving after you paid the charge offs? I have a GW thing with Old Navy that seems almost too good to be true (PIF 2 months after charge off, 2 years ago). They even sent me a vague letter about being sorry and my account being corrected, and when I called aboout the letter, I was told that they were removing delinquencies from the account. Super-nice interaction so far, but of course I am having a little trouble believing that they would do this forme...

Thanks!

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous.

I had about 5 accouns with them that were charged off and I paid them off before they were sold off and when I started rebuilding, they approved me for Walmart, Sam's club, Amazon, and Lowe's, with Lowe's having a limit of $15k.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kaykay65

Nice! I have been graced with Amazon (shop heavily there so a real winner for me w/5% back.)

Keeping my fingers crossed about delinquency removal. They are the only ones who have happily indicated a willingness to help me.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous.

Scores always factor into approvals whether it is store cards or bank cards.  Get your scores up and clean up your report and your profile becomes more attractive.

Have a great week.😁

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kaykay65

Working on those things now! So far I have only had success with 2 120+ lates on student loans. Ths was a pretty straightforward thing - it was an error on their part from when they transferred the loans internally. Also have 6 med collections - still owned by the OC's. Paid 3 off, waiting for a bill on another after insurance should have paid 40%, two more should have been paid by hospital charity care and should be removed as soon as they post to the CRAs, the info has been faxed to both OCs. My available credit is up to about $7000, I'm at about 35% utilization (down from $91%).  Making progress. I'll get there eventually!

You have a great week too. Cat LOL   

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.