cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange AAoA for EQ - starting dates all reported incorrectly.

tag
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Strange AAoA for EQ - starting dates all reported incorrectly.

So I pulled my 3 credit reports from annualcreditreport.com just to check to see what is going on this year.

I discovered a strange notation on my Equafax report:

Length of Credit History

Average Account Age

NaN Year

Oldest Account

PRINCIPAL RESIDENTIA (Opened N/A)

Most Recent Account

JARED (Opened 09/11/2)

First it is true that I am rebuilding my credit after a Bk7 in 2008 which was successfully discharged 1/2009. My scores are as posted below from last month from MyFICO.

BUT, I have been rebuilding since my discharge and I have several lines of credit that were opened in 2009 including Jared's. 

It appears, as I review the report, that every singe opening date is "backward" as it shows on the Jared account above.  The actual date that I opened the Jared account was November 2009. It is still open. The credit limit is $10k and the balance is zero. This account is not my most recent account opened. My Barclays account is the most recent one and it was opened in Nov 2011.

The Principal Residential mortgage is not my oldest account by a long shot but I think since these opening dates are all mis-stated it is messing with how it reads the oldest account. My oldest accounts actually go back longer than ten years, but they are not reflected in this report, but the tradeline shows up just with the weird date range.

Neither of the other reports have this issue (Experian nor TU). 

Should I contact the CRA to correct or the individual creditors? How do I fix this?

What would you do? BTW, this is every single account of mine. It leads me to believe that either the format was changed in general for EQ or something else is going on. This is not the CR from myFICO - its the FACTA report.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Strange AAoA for EQ - starting dates all reported incorrectly.

I had the same thing happen on my EQ as well ... the dates were all wonky.  I decided to give it a month or so and yes, when I pulled them last week everything had been corrected.  IMHO, unless you are planning on app'ing I would suggest waiting a month or so and after, if they are still wonky then connect with the CRA.  Again, just IMHO.

[EDIT} - my guess it is with the CRA, too as it affected my entire report.  But it worked itself out.  If still there after a month or so ring up EQ - It *may* be a known issue.

Message 2 of 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Strange AAoA for EQ - starting dates all reported incorrectly.

Thank you!

Wonky is a better word that what I used...that describes the date format perfectly...lol

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.