Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Dispute Response from EQ

tag
panicattack
Valued Member

Strange Dispute Response from EQ

I just got the results of an online dispute for three lates from 2010.  Equifax's answer was very contradicting.  What do you make of this?

>>> We have researched the credit account. Account # - XXXX
The results are:
There is no historical account information currently on this account. The status of this account has been updated. The prior paying
history on this account has been updated. Additional information has been provided from the original source regarding
this item. If you have additional questions about this item please contact:
Capital One Auto Finance, 3905 Dallas
Pkwy, Credit Disputes, Plano TX 75093-7892

How can there be no historical data when they are reporting historical data?

Start 2013 500s
Current: EX: 742 EQ: 599 TU: 725 (in the garden until 2015)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Strange Dispute Response from EQ

@panicattack wrote:

I just got the results of an online dispute for three lates from 2010.  Equifax's answer was very contradicting.  What do you make of this?

>>> We have researched the credit account. Account # - XXXX
The results are:
There is no historical account information currently on this account. The status of this account has been updated. The prior paying
history on this account has been updated. Additional information has been provided from the original source regarding
this item. If you have additional questions about this item please contact:
Capital One Auto Finance, 3905 Dallas
Pkwy, Credit Disputes, Plano TX 75093-7892

How can there be no historical data when they are reporting historical data?

I would take the no historical data currently to mean it now shows none its been erased. The rest is just saying it was updated;.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.