Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange GW Reply - Now What?

tag
John060675
Valued Contributor

Strange GW Reply - Now What?

Recently I sent a GW letter to Capital One because of a couple lates two years ago.   I received back a response that had nothing to do with my GW letter.  The response stated that I need to send supporting evidence of what was wrong in my credit file.  They are asking me to send a copy of my credit report to them with an explanation of what was wrong with their account.  Well, I never stated that anything was wrong with the information, but that I wanted to see if they would extend me a GW removal of the baddies.

Anyway, how should I respond to the letter?  Should I ignore it and just resend  the same GW letter?  Or should I just send a copy of my credit report (as per their request in the letter) and highlight their information and pretend I was never late?  I am not sure what to do.

I look forward to your opinions or how I should handle this situation.  Thank you for the help.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Strange GW Reply - Now What?

lol...I sent a goodwill as well to crap 1 and got the SAME thing! i didnt send anything. Gonna keep shooting gw snail mail. Crap 1 is a hard nut to crack!!!

Message 2 of 10
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

I never had to deal with Cap One but there is a thread on here with Cap One success. Possibly some info in that thread can help both of you.

Good Luck

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 3 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They treated it as a direct dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8), which details those requirements as part of a dispute.

They thus dismissed it as being in non-compliance with FCRA 623(a)(8).  They blew it.  Send it again, with clear explanation of what it is.

I would always preface any GW letter with the statement, up front, that "This is not a dispute of prior credit reporting under either FCRA 611(a) or a direct dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8).  It is my request for your good will in the deletion of prior credit reporting."

Message 4 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, ditto. Keep sending GWs. I got that as well. IMO, they get backlogged with GW requests and instead of looking it up, they'll send a canned response.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 RobertEG. I had posted something similar and RobertEG said the same thing. Now when I GW I include what RobertEG has posted.

Message 6 of 10
John060675
Valued Contributor

Robert,

Great idea!  Thank you for your help (and other's help too).  Will resend and see what happens.

Message 7 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I never drink water because of the disgusting things that fish do in it. -- W.C. Fields

But I never decline taste from a vessel because it was once tasted before!

Message 8 of 10
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

I suspect their response was intentional.

Message 9 of 10
John060675
Valued Contributor

Well, I am 0 for 4 on the GW front.  Cap 1, Hooters, Wells Fargo, and US Airways all either ignored the letter or answered in a cryptic way (see above post).  So I just sent out the next batch with the additional "this is not a dipute" statement on the letters.  Lets hope this time I will get a positive response.  If not, then it is some more stamps.

By the way, if anyone has had luck with GWing Cap 1, Hooters, Wells Fargo, or US Airways, can you please PM me with the address, email, or phone number you used.  I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you all.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.