Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Judgement Situation

tag
kshew97
Valued Member

Strange Judgement Situation

I had 2 judgements from Capital One, one from 2005, one from 2008. Although I think they were they same account, thats not important now. The one from 2005 was paid and fell off. The one from 2008 never was on my credit report. I refinanced my house in 2010, and have been very successful in rebuilding my credit.

In December 2012, Weltman, Weinburg & Reis did a hard pull on my credit. I also started received bank garnishment letters (to banks I didnt have accounts at). I finally contacted them and settled. They were actually ok to deal with. Bottom line, May 2013 I paid and June 2013 the judgement showed up as satisfied on the county website. Now, on November 7, 2013 all 3 CRA's are showing a paid judgement! Like I said, when the judgement was still unpaid, it never showed up!

Here is the weird part......My scores actually went up! Is it possible that since the judgement showed up my AAoA increased, causing the bump in scores?

Should I try and get this vacated (i am in Ohio), try to dispute it, or just leave it alone? I dont have any plans to apply for new credit anytime soon, but hate seeing that on my otherwise spotless report after being in the low 500's a few years ago.

Starting Score: 577
Current Score: 742
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.