Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Situation...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Strange Situation...

So I sent the Affadavit to TransUnion on October 27, 2008 and today I get a letter from them in the mail saying that the account was verified and is remaining on my credit report. I mean how much more proof do these people need. Should I send them a MOV?

I am so upset right now, I can not believe that they could possibly verify this account when I sent them an affadavit from the collection agency stating that the account was charged off in 2001 and sold to the first of 5 collection agencies.

Now the collection agency has changed the date opened on the account to 7/2005 a few months ago it was listed as 6/2005. What is even the point of changing stuff like that? Are they just trying to make me lose my mind or what?

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

BUMP!
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

It strikes me that you have more than enough evidence to prove your case. Contact a consumer attorney, and sue them. From all appearances you have solid proof of FCRA & FDCPA violations against the CA and the CRA(s). Sue them.

You should be able to find an attorney to take your case without your needing to pay a retainer. They'll collect their attorney's fees from the lying & cheating defendents.

Good Luck!

ETA: The National Association of Consumer Advocates is a great place to start your search. I don't know if the link is allowed here, but if you google the name, you'll find the link.

Message Edited by LilMirth on 11-13-2008 11:50 AM
Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would send an ITS letter to the CA for violations of the FDCPA and FCRA - give them 7 days to correct reporting or file suit.

I would send an ITS letter to the CRA for FCRA violations - give them 7 days to remove the item or file suit.

After 7 days from receipt of the ITS letters I would check the credit reports and if the information has not been amended, I would walk to my local courthouse with $110 in my pocket and 2 pieces of information:

- the registered person and address of the CA

- the registered person and address of the CRA

I would file 2 separate suits on two different days:

- 1 against the registered person of the CA for $2,000 for illegally re-aging a debt and incorrect reporting

- 1 against the registered person of the CRA for $1,000 for willful violation of the FCRA for incorrect reporting and faulty investigation

Once filed, I would walk to the nearest US Post Office and send the defendant copies of the suit CMRRR with Restricted Delivery.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.