Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange student loan dispute question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange student loan dispute question

A while back I subscribed to a credit repair service, but have since took actions into my own hands. So the question I have is, the credit repair service had my student loans deleted off my credit (Fedloan), so they don't show at all, however I still have a balance with them and still auto pay each month. I had one 30 day late payment which was over a year ago. What should I do? I was planning on doing a GW to remove the 30 day late, until I found it wasn't reporting. Thanks for your input.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Strange student loan dispute question

@Anonymous wrote:
A while back I subscribed to a credit repair service, but have since took actions into my own hands. So the question I have is, the credit repair service had my student loans deleted off my credit (Fedloan), so they don't show at all, however I still have a balance with them and still auto pay each month. I had one 30 day late payment which was over a year ago. What should I do? I was planning on doing a GW to remove the 30 day late, until I found it wasn't reporting. Thanks for your input.

At this point there is nothing to do with that TL. If it re-reports then you would send the letter requesting the GW. A 30 day late typically only would affect your Fico for the first 2 years its onfile. Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Is your issue that you now want the loan reported, such as to improve mix of credit and/or AAoA, but dont want the late included when it is reinserted?

Reinsertion of previously deleted information requires the furnisher to include a certification of accuracy of the information IF the previous deletion occured as a result of a finding in a prior dispute that the accuracy of the information was not verified.

If the loain is legit, then the prior dispute likely did not find the debt itself to be unverified, but only some portion of the information reported under the account.

What specifically was the inaccuracy that was the subject of your prior dispute?  It is that information, and that info only, that must be pre-certified before it can be reinserted.

It is possible, since the entire loan reporting was deleted, that the deletion was voluntary on the part of the furnisher, and not done by the CRA as a finding in the prior disptue.

What did the CRA say in their Notice of Results of Reinvestigation as being the finding in the dispute?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

To answer the first question, yes I was thinking that it would be a good trade line and add to my credit mix. The only issue was a 30 day late about a year ago. The loan is definitely legit as I consolidated my previous loans. I only owe about 11,000.
I honestly do not know why the whole trade line was deleted and not sure why they did that.
The report I received said that the information was unverified and has been deleted and removed from the credit file.

I still have a balance and Fedloan still shows the debt on their website. I was just curious as to how to get the information back on my credit file. Thank you for your help and knowledge.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.