Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange wording on a letter from NCO..

tag
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Strange wording on a letter from NCO..

They assured me I was being recorded everytime I called so I might be looking too far into this but I called them to settle a $518 Capital One debt for $283 as settled in full. Today I received 2 letters and they both said the same thing which was that I agreed to this "payment plan" and that they are taking $283 now but it mentions nothing of settlement or that they will report a $0 balance. I guess I should've waited for the letter to come before paying them. I hope they don't try to play with me because I am honestly in no mood.

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: Strange wording on a letter from NCO..

You definitely want to call them and ask.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 4
TrishN
Established Contributor

This look not right. Why don't you send them a letter with agreement, then later on you can have a prof .

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

In your letter remitting the payment, was it made clear that payment was being remitted per your agreement that it consitutued satisfaction of the debt?

A contract exists when their is a meeting of the minds.  They have stated their understanding of your agreement as a contract  If you made your understanding clear, then in my opinion, you dont have a contract.

Small claims court.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.