cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strategy for CA who is updating monthly?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Strategy for CA who is updating monthly?

So I never realized that this CA is updating monthly and I've been trying to work on a PFD with them for about a year now.   This must explain why my TU is so much lower.   Should I just continuee to try and PFD, or since they update at the beginning of each month, send them a DV about mid month and see if they update before they respond and try to use a potential (albeit shaky) FDCPA violation as a negotiating tool?    I'm infuriated that a CA can update each month and continue to make a collection appear brand new.   I've read in a few places that since this is not revolving or installment debt that they cannot do this but I'm not sure if that is accurate.  Any opinions are appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Strategy for CA who is updating monthly?

@Anonymous wrote:

So I never realized that this CA is updating monthly and I've been trying to work on a PFD with them for about a year now.   This must explain why my TU is so much lower.   Should I just continuee to try and PFD, or since they update at the beginning of each month, send them a DV about mid month and see if they update before they respond and try to use a potential (albeit shaky) FDCPA violation as a negotiating tool?    I'm infuriated that a CA can update each month and continue to make a collection appear brand new.   I've read in a few places that since this is not revolving or installment debt that they cannot do this but I'm not sure if that is accurate.  Any opinions are appreciated.

No, it does matter.  A CA can update each month, unless it is paid.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

so basically, If I simply cannot PFD I should just pay?

Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

To keep them from updating, that is what it would take.

Is this still within SOL, what is the DoFD?

What about the OC, can you get them to accept money and recall the CA account?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying everything...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.