Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stubborn equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stubborn equifax

I am so annoyed. When I started my rebuilding I was in the low 500's across the board. Now I am at a 619 experian, 602(transition) and 580 for equifax. My scores are going up except for equifax. What gives?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Stubborn equifax

Even with identical CR data, your score can vary by up to 20-30 points between CRAs.  Each CRA licenses its own skew of the FICO algoriithm from Fair Isaac.

Additionally, there may be subtle differences in reporting between the CRAs.  Furnishers are not required to report consistent info to all CRAs.  The requirement is only that what they report cannot knowingly be inaccurate, and that they must promptly update prior reporting as necessary to maintain its current accuracy.

Message 2 of 4
taxi818
Super Contributor

equifax in particular is very sensitve. to even small balances. and number of accounts with balances. so they tend to always be on the low end. only way to solve that. is pay in full on all accounts except 1. and leave the balance between 1-9 percent. but unless you are applying for something. i would not give a damn. as long as your scores are good.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

super late but thanks for your replies guys!This credit thing can driveme nuts sometimes

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.