Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck at 650 what next?

tag
turts14
Regular Contributor

Stuck at 650 what next?

I have raised my score over 100 points in one year but now I am stuck at 650 and can't seem to move....any advice out there...here is my current situation

Good

Cap one CC = $500 limit 0 balanace 17 month payment history 

Cap one CC (rewards) = $500 limit 0 balance 6 month payment history

Great Lakes (student loan) $6K balance $72 monthly payment 10 year clean payment hisotry 

Bad 

Wells fargo education = 5 student loan trade lines with late payments.  Have GW'd many times with no luck even after my rehab was done.  Accounts where open in 2001 and show no negative payment history since 2009 

National bank of commerce = Charge off DOFD was 2006 will not remove 

HSBC = Paid Charge off will not remove 2009 

First Premier Bank = Charge off will not remove 2009 

Need help in breaking through to the next level  any advice would be great!  Thank you 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Stuck at 650 what next?

Those baddies are still holding you back a bit.  You have some positive TLs that will grow and develop more over time.  Might try to add a few more positive TLs to beef up your CR a little more, of course that will cost a bit of drop at first due to the AAoA and Inq.   You could also keep plugging away at those baddies, they may say no 100 times, but it only takes one yes.  Good lucks!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Stuck at 650 what next?

+1 w/ Shogun
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.