Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck with capital one and AMEX credit lines

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Stuck with capital one and AMEX credit lines

So I too am in rebuild mode and I have a BCE card with AMEX. I also received the minimum starting limit of $1000 and have tried for the 3x increase twice, once at 60 days and then again 90 days after that denial and was denied again.

I thought it was odd because my scores have improved quite a bit since I got the card but I have some of the same old baddies so I figured I would just keep working on it.

Well a few days after my denial letter came my new statement had posted and about 3 days after that I woke up to a $500 auto increase despite the rep from the Increase department essentially repeating verbatim what the letter said.

Point is...don't give up on them yet. Same thing happened with Capital One but the rep sent my question to the EO without me having to so it's not the same situation.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So I too am in rebuild mode and I have a BCE card with AMEX. I also received the minimum starting limit of $1000 and have tried for the 3x increase twice, once at 60 days and then again 90 days after that denial and was denied again.

I thought it was odd because my scores have improved quite a bit since I got the card but I have some of the same old baddies so I figured I would just keep working on it.

Well a few days after my denial letter came my new statement had posted and about 3 days after that I woke up to a $500 auto increase despite the rep from the Increase department essentially repeating verbatim what the letter said.

Point is...don't give up on them yet. Same thing happened with Capital One but the rep sent my question to the EO without me having to so it's not the same situation.

Im in the same boat as you, I just havent gotten any auto CLIs! I would take anything at this point though.  1,000 is embarrasingly low lol.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will need to check current scores

I recently got a auto loan from my credit union and they used Transunion

My score was 711 with TU

I want to say everything should be 680 ish elsewhere

I stay at 1-3% utilization and spend about $2000 a month (multiple payments of course)

The Capital one card card is quicksilver one 

AMEX is Everyday card

Discover it

Chase is freedom unlimited

BOA I dont know what one it is.. Some rewards card..

Message 13 of 14
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Credit lines

Chase $4000  Pay in full   (had $3000 limit they increased it $1000 without me asking)

Discover $5800 Pay in full  (started with $1000 .. They approve regular increases now)

Bank of America $1000 Never used it so I never tried

AMEX $1000   Get rejected every time

Capital one $600 Get rejected every time

If I use Capital ones own credit tool I am at a 711 credit score

Not sure if I should wait out Capital One or just drop it

Do you know what your FIVO scores are. capital one uses Vantage 3 scores which are Fakos

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.