Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck

tag
spartantx117
Contributor

Stuck

Here is my situation.  Been rebuilding my credit for about 1 year now. I started in the low 600's maybe high 500's. My FAKO from my monitoring service currently puts me at. 

Experian - 671

Tranunion - 735

Equifax - 691

I seem to be stuck at these numbers or within a few points. 

All of my baddies are gone except a medical collection for $527 on Experian I have tried to take care of this but have gotten the run around with it, it should drop in October. I know this is holding me back on my Experian. My AAOA is about 2.5 years and my oldest currct credit card is just one year old. I have 3 inquires on my reports. What iI am getting at is what do I need to do to try and raise these scores. I was told to add 2 or 3 store cards and another bank card or two to my portfolio will help. I have also been told to wait and let the collection drop then apply for a few. Not sure what I should do. My current card standings are. 

Comenity One Stop Plus - limit 800 - 0 balance - opened 04/12

Cap One Quicksilver One - limit 2000 - 0 balance - opened 06/14

Barclays Rewards - limit 2600 - 0 balance - opened 10/14

Rooms to go GECB - limit 3200 - 2150 blance (I know this is hurting me as well but it barely dropped my score just a few points) - opened 02/14

AMEX BCE - limit 3000 - 0 balance - opened 03/14

Discover IT - limit 1800 - 0 balance - opened 09/14 (authorized user)

Basically I am just wondering am I trying to rush all this? Should I just garden for a while more? Add to my portfolio right now? any help and opinions would be greatly appreciated. I am not needing a loan or anything right now or for a while really. Just wanting to work on my score. 

-------9000-------------9000-------------4000-------------2600-------------1800AU-----------800-------------3200------------18000-------------20000-------

Barclaycard FICO 754
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Stuck

First thing is this you cannot put faith in nor worry about Fako Scores, mine rarely move while my Ficos have soared, disregard those scores al together. The game of credit is a marathon and not a race, time is your best friend in this game. What I would do is look into opening some cards that will give you a free Fico score every month.

EX: FNBO gives Fico08 Bankcard Score, if you live in PA PSECU gives Fico 04

TU: GECRB Walmart, Barclays, Discover (you as primary) Gives Fico 08 You have Barclays it updates about every 10 weeks.

EQ: DCU I do not know the model on this one.

Adding: The CA is not hurting you much at all at this point, I highly doubt it would be a deterrent to new credit, I would start writing EX next month asking that it be removed early.

Message 2 of 4
spartantx117
Contributor

Ok one more thing as far as the medical collection I went back and looked and saw that it was opened on April of 2008 with a collection agency (2 years and 6 months after my original hospital visit) United Revenue Corp in Arlington, TX ( I live in TX as well) However the original bill from the hospital is from Oct of 2005. Am I correct in assuming that it should have actually dropped off my credit around April of 2013 after 7 1/2 years? If I am right how would I go about getting this dropped? I have no proof when the visit was except im sure of it myself.... The hospital hasnt been willing to deal with me at all since it went to collections so I doubt they would give me anything proving it.

-------9000-------------9000-------------4000-------------2600-------------1800AU-----------800-------------3200------------18000-------------20000-------

Barclaycard FICO 754
Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@spartantx117 wrote:

Ok one more thing as far as the medical collection I went back and looked and saw that it was opened on April of 2008 with a collection agency (2 years and 6 months after my original hospital visit) United Revenue Corp in Arlington, TX ( I live in TX as well) However the original bill from the hospital is from Oct of 2005. Am I correct in assuming that it should have actually dropped off my credit around April of 2013 after 7 1/2 years? If I am right how would I go about getting this dropped? I have no proof when the visit was except im sure of it myself.... The hospital hasnt been willing to deal with me at all since it went to collections so I doubt they would give me anything proving it.

If this is true it cannot be reporting as its past the CRTP, You could get a copy of the bill from the hospital, I would just demand they provide one, this is most likely past states SOL so they would not be successful at getting a judgment. I would then dispute it with the CRAs as too old to continue reporting as the DOFD is in 2005. You could also demand through DV that the CA provide accounting of the charges. These are some things you can possibly do at this point.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.