Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Advice/Question

tag
annm
New Contributor

Student Loan Advice/Question

Some old College Foundation loans went to State Education Assistance - the date of last acitivty for State Education is December of 2007. But in 2010 I finally got my act together and decided to get them in good standing. I consolidated with Fed Loan Servicing. I forgot but I remember NOW that part of the rehabilitation process was that I had to pay on the past due loans for 3 months while they processed my...consolidation application I believe? After 3 months the loans went to Fed Loan Servicing and are currently in good standing. But I'm confused - by paying on them when they were with State Education Assistance Authority in 2010 did I reset the clock, so to speak, on how long they're going to stay there? I know student loans can stay for some 10 years or so but I'm confused as to why 1) they're showing as a collection account still and 2) if DoFD is in 2007 or 2010?????????? Sorry I'm so confused!! Here are some screenshots!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.