Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Deferment and removal of a 30 days late CC

tag
md12x2

Student Loan Deferment and removal of a 30 days late CC

Hello,

SO, I had noticed that my credit score had not changed on SW, and had read that sometimes that can be an issue. So, I paid for another credit report and still see no change after having a 30 days late credit card payment removed from last month. Does it Just take time for your score to update?

Additionally, I was checking my late payment histories that were hurting my score, and I have two student loans that show a late payment of 60 and 90 day. However, these were months that I was deployed to Iraq under title 10 orders. Who do I contact to have these reports removed? I can prove it easily with a copy of my DD214.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Student Loan Deferment and removal of a 30 days late CC

Were you late with the payments or are you saying the lates are inaccurate and did not happen?

Message 2 of 4
md12x2

I am saying that my student loans did not require payment during this time. While deployed under title 10 orders in support of any combat operation, student loans are eligible for active duty deferment and no payments have to be made. My orders began May 2009 and Continued to May 2010. Two of my loans show a 60 and 90 day late payment in AUG and SEPT of 2009.

What I am guessing happened was that those two loans out of my dozen or so were not placed in a deferment status in AUG and SEP. I probably called the lender, fixed the issue, and was granted the deferment, but the reporting of the late payment had already been sent. So in other words the problem was fixed at the lender level, but probably not at my credit score level

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You can send a copy of your orders to the lender and ask that they be removed.

If the lates were reported before you contacted them for a deferment they may be under no obligation to remove them. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.