cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan GW Success! Thanks guys!

tag
hoboscientist

Student Loan GW Success! Thanks guys!

After reading success story after success story, I decided to try and GW some 60 day lates I had on some student loans through SC Student Loan Corp from Nov 2012. The lates were the result of a lapsed deferment, so I figured maybe they would be more likely to sympathize with me.

I sent them a note describing my situation and asked if they would consider removing the lates, since the deferment was retroactive and I had never been late before. This was two weeks ago, May 16th.

I wasn't really sure If I would hear anything more about it, but I was getting my weekly CK score update this week, and I had to do a double take - my CK score had gone up by 36 points! The following day, I got a short, but sweet letter from SC Student Loan Corp saying they had approved my request and notified the credit bureaus. 

My CK score had been languishing in the low 600s for months, so it's nice to have such good news come along. I never would have tried if it hadn't been for the success stories and encouraging messages I've seen shared on here, so thank you to all of you!

I only wish I had tried it sooner, maybe I could have gotten my WF Secured card graduated last month, lol. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Student Loan GW Success! Thanks guys!

Congrats WTG

Welcome to the forum

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 4
velocity5

Congrats!!!!!!! Welcome to the boards - I feel the same way!

Hopefully your GW success will rub off! Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: 666
Current Score: 666
Goal Score: 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.